• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    If you want an idea where you just sit back,relax,and not do much, you might look at "The Country Farm House" rental cabin.
    Its on the Tennessee side of Dale Hollow. Has its own pool and nobody around. Buy the little guy a baby float with an awning and walk him around the pool.

Pick a day and rent a pontoon at the marina and cruise the river/lake. Basically just slow down and enjoy peace and quiet in Tennessee!

details can be found at Cabin Rentals | East Port Marina and Resort

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    If you take your trip this weekend to the Louisville area and if your wife is into firearms, there is a large gun show going on there this weekend. You could always go to Mammoth Cave National, that is a beautiful place to visit

If going to Mamouth Cave you must book in advance. They sell out weeks ahead in peak season.

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    So my wife and I haven't taken off for a vacation for a long time. All our money was going into our adoption.
    Now that it's finalized, and it's summer, we'd like to go somewhere.

The problem is, we aren't sure WHERE we want to go. So I'm hoping for some ideas. It can't be anywhere too crazy, nor far away, since we have a 5 month old baby.

Any ideas? Maybe a 2-3 day getaway. Heck it can even be a 1-day.

Congrats on the new kid! If Christmas 2017 will be the little guy's first, I suggest hitting Frankenmuth, Michigan. The wife can stock up for baby's first Christmas and daddy can eat/drink some good German food and beer.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Hocking hills is also quite nice. Lots of placed within an hour drive of Athens, too. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for a long weekend when my 1st born was about 18 months old.

Avalanche Pizza is AWESOME.

Top Bottom