• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Fruit stand, corner of southport and s.r. 135. $4.99 or $5.99 don't remember which. I know, kinda high, but I don't think there's much around

Excellent!

I know exactly which one you mean. I don't need that many, mebbe 5 or so, and the only source I've got in the works right now is a drive that will spend at least that there and back.

Do you happen to know if they're standard size square bales, or smaller for the urban crowd?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    There's usually a sign on the south side of whiteland road about 3/4 mile east of 135 indicating a farm just south of whiteland road has some. Haven't been thru there in a couple of weeks though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    There's usually a sign on the south side of whiteland road about 3/4 mile east of 135 indicating a farm just south of whiteland road has some. Haven't been thru there in a couple of weeks though.
    Went through yesterday and sign says they are out of straw. Nice folks. Bought straw from them a few years ago.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Arrrrrgh. It's so bad now though. Do you know what you're asking me to do?
    :runaway:

LOL

As my Drill SGT was found of telling me many years ago. Do what you think your paycheck can support... :popcorn:

I am a cheap bastard sometimes...
    That plus I know how much of a price change there is between where you live and out here in the sticks...

You might try to hit some of the Livestock Auction Houses in your area...
    Straw is usually under $3 a bale...

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Straw is Over Priced. I missed some last year for 1.50 a bale, Not many people harvesting straw for farm use because everyone is baling Hay because Grain Feed prices are so high. I'll keep my eyes open but cheap straw goes Quick. I use old Hay, Mulch, Leaves, newspaper, plastic, used feed bags work

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Straw is Over Priced. I missed some last year for 1.50 a bale, Not many people harvesting straw for farm use because everyone is baling Hay because Grain Feed prices are so high. I'll keep my eyes open but cheap straw goes Quick. I use old Hay, Mulch, Leaves, newspaper, plastic, used feed bags work

I know pretty sad when Straw is worth more than good Hay...

Top Bottom