Need stuff, have money, need recomendations..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I find it utterly infuriating to spend time looking on line for an item, could be anything, weapon related or not, and then when you find the item at the best price, order enough to get free shipping or find a coupon code some where on the internet to get 5% off or something and then you take the time to order it and get your order confirmation and then the next day get an email stating that your items have been back ordered and sorry they weren’t really in stock when you ordered them sorry we lied to you and then tell me it will be 3-5 more business days only to wait over a week to get impatient and call them to find out that oops sorry those items aren’t expected to be in their warehouse until 1/28 which means with the free ground shipping from where ever they are will be a total of at least a minimum of 23 days since you ordered the stuff before I get it..

Anyway, sorry for the rant, can anyone recommend a reputable and cheap source for the following items?

One Fobus SF6900S – Surefire 3P/6P/9P & Double Stack Sig 357/40 Magazine holder

One Surefire G2X Pro Dual Output 200/15 Lumens Flashlight

One 12 count box of 123A Lithium Batteries

-1 Opticsplanet.com

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    optics planet is notorious for doing that. i wont order from them anymore because it seems there warehouse is the size or a kenyan hut. try amazon, its seems to be pretty good

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I heartily recommend Amazon for the batteries; cheaper there than anywhere else I've found. You can probably find the rest of your stuff there too.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    optics planet is notorious for doing that. i wont order from them anymore because it seems there warehouse is the size or a kenyan hut. try amazon, its seems to be pretty good
    I ordered 3 items on 1 order, then sent an email asking for a 4th item (a universal sling mount for the sling I ordered) to be added to my order to utilize the free shipping. So I get an email saying 2 of the items are discontinued but do I still want to add the sling mount. I say go ahead. then I get an email saying the original 3rd item is discontinued but they will still ship the sling mount. a couple days later I get an email saying the sling mount is discontinued....

so I went 0 for 4 with OP

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Thanks Woodsman, I checked that link out, good prices but shipping started at $9.60.

I sfound this place while looking today for anyone using CR123 cells..

Buy CR123 Batteries

I also found what I was looking for from MidwayUSA and found some cheap magazines and a pouch for them.

Over all a good day of "work" while I was at work..

Thanks all!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne

:+1: I personally stay away from OpticsPlanet. Big -1

Good luck with your search and hope you get all your goodies soon. Almost anywhere will do you better than OP

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Well I found the Fobus and a Streamlight PolyTac light at Midway USA.

Ordered Tuesday,
    Shipped Tuesday
    Showed up today.

Impactguns.com had the best price on Ruger SR9 17 round Magazines and the Adapters for the Compact. ALso had the Fobus dual mag holder cheap too.

Lets see how long they take to send their stuff, they are working on a new Beta sight but I still can't find anyway to check the progress of my order.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Now to buy a new rifle.. Looking for a .308 heavy barrel scoped bolt action with a bipod... I think I will put a thread on the rifles page..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    -1 for Impactguns.com

OK, really glad I wasn't in a hurry for the items I ordered from Impactguns.com since they seem to be a bit crooked or fishy anyway.

Ordered two 17 round mags for my SR9c and the adapters and a Fobus dual mag paddle.

Ordered on 1/18
    Credit card charged on 1/21
    went on their site and chatted with them asking where my order is.

[TJ] looking for shipping status of order number (REDACTED)
    [Brian] Sure, just one moment.
    [TJ] thanks
    [Brian] Here is the UPS tracking number for that one: (REDACTED) It was processed yesterday and it being shipped out tomorrow.
    [TJ] really then why was I charged last Friday the 21st? I thought your policy was your not charged until it shipps..?
    [Brian] Sorry, it was charged on the 21st but there was a delay in getting it out.
    [TJ] well this will effect my decision to purchase items in the future. If there were a delay on your part after being charged I would assume that an upgrade in the shipping would have been warrented
    [TJ] thanks for the information, have a good day
    [Brian] Ok, sorry again. But you have a nice day as well.

I guess they don't give a crap that I might not order from them again.

The only reason I went with them anyway was they were the only ones I found with Ruger Mags instock for less then an arm and a leg..

Why can't people do business right? I bet they would get a little pissy if they were charged by their suppliers before their product was shipped..

Anyway, Sorry for the venting, just a little pissed off... I wanted to go to the range this weekend and do some drills, guess that won't happen..

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I am looking now, I found that there are few places in town that carry them for non-ridiclous prices..

I also found some rechargable ones but they are low mAh cells..

Thanks OneBadV8..

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I find it utterly infuriating to spend time looking on line for an item, could be anything, weapon related or not, and then when you find the item at the best price, order enough to get free shipping or find a coupon code some where on the internet to get 5% off or something and then you take the time to order it and get your order confirmation and then the next day get an email stating that your items have been back ordered and sorry they weren’t really in stock when you ordered them sorry we lied to you and then tell me it will be 3-5 more business days only to wait over a week to get impatient and call them to find out that oops sorry those items aren’t expected to be in their warehouse until 1/28 which means with the free ground shipping from where ever they are will be a total of at least a minimum of 23 days since you ordered the stuff before I get it..

Unfortunately i can't help you with the items but i do know what you mean about ordering things online with all the discounts and shipping and then they tell you that they really didn't have it and it's going to be three weeks before it comes in i just got some new bdu pants for christmas that were the wrong size and color so i had to package them back up and send them back but they are on backorder so i don't even know how long it'll be until they ship them back but i need them now but it doesn't matter because there's nothing i can do that's one of the nice things about buying something locally you know it's in stock or not it usually costs just a little bit more but it seems to be worth not having the headache the only problem is that sometimes you can't find things locally that you can find on the internet and order but i guess there's always a trade off good luck though i hope one of the other members here can help you find the items that you need so you can get set up.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Thanks Jsharmon7, I am getting enormous assistance from this entire board. Other then some early ball busting it's been a great place to find assistance and information.

OnebadV8 the Battery Junction wants $9.60 to ship a dozen cells, which puts them still a bit cheaper then anyone local for a dozen.

In general I try to support all of my local businesses but when you tell them look, drop your price a bit and at least compete with the internet and I will gladly give out my cash and they sometimes say F-off..

Some places locally are great, I have some sources for a few things at what I call "hook up" prices and others I still have to pay close to retail for.

What I want to check into is a buyers club for the things we need / want and can buy in bulk.. I actually ventured out to Sam's today for the first time in I don't know how long and laughed at some things I saw, higher prices there then Wally world..lol

Anyway, thanks everyone for all of the help. My GF thinks I am addicted to this site..lol

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    yeah, but usually if you buy a flashlight they come with free batteries, and its always cheaper if you buy in bulk. Check it from time to time, they have good sales occassionally

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    If you ever get to Indy, check out the local electronics places for batteries. Meuniers and King's Electronics have been a good place for me in the past. I would be very surprised if they are more than a mail-order place would charge.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Thanks Woodsman, I checked that link out, good prices but shipping started at $9.60.

I sfound this place while looking today for anyone using CR123 cells..

Buy CR123 Batteries

I also found what I was looking for from MidwayUSA and found some cheap magazines and a pouch for them.

Over all a good day of "work" while I was at work..

Thanks all!

Sorry I got to this late, but you found what I was going to tell you. I have always had very good luck with Midway USA. If I can't get it from one of the vendors here, or One Source Tactical, then it is on to Midway. (except cases of ammo, I go to Sportsmans guide and order a few thousand rounds and use their 4pay.)

Top Bottom