• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    Over the weekend I fired my uncle's Taurus PT145 Pro and now I know that I want a .45 ACP handgun but I am not sure on what to get. I like the feel of 1911's but the price of them turns me away. I am also thinking about an M&P or a Glock.

digitalmonster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am digging my M&P9 and really looking hard at the M&P45 it holds more rounds than my 1911, if you dont mind import 1911's you can get one close to $500, the M&P45 is 550 and made in the USA.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Glock 21. I was a 1911 guy all the way, I had a few of them and somehow I ended up with this ridiculous Glock 21 with night sights and 4 magazines through a trade. I was going to put it up for trade again but somehow I ended up shooting it during my next range trip. Wasn't too fond of it at first but I never got rid of it and it has been my EDC for the past year and a half. I now love shooting this gun and it has a 13 round magazine.

I have never had any failures out of it. Some might say that the grip is too large (which I have no problem with), but they have the Short Frame version and the Gen 4 Glock 21s have the different sized backstraps.

They are very affordable... Just saw a used Glock 21 gen4 for around 500 on here the past day or so.

Hope this helps or of you want to shoot mine let me know

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    I have small hands and full sized Glocks don't feel comfortable at all but I'm going to check some out soon. I haven't looked at the RockIslands before how are they?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    1911, there's deals out there. Taurus and Rock Island both make an adequate budget 1911. Plain jane Springfields and the like are pretty reasonable, too. The 1911 is "The" 45 and there is a ton of buying guides and information around the web.

Sig P220, but if you don't like 1911 prices you probably won't like Sig prices either. You can get into a used one for around $500.

Then your standard plastic pistols, Glock, Springfield XD, and M&P. Each has their own sets of pros and cons, and they vary from person to person.

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    What kind of features are you looking for? Single stack, double stack? All metal or polymer framed? External safety? Striker or hammer? There are many options out there.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    For CC, the Glock 30 SF is a pretty nice package; a .45 in about the same size package as the G19.

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    I'm not too sure about what kind of features I want, I'll have to go and check some out and get a feel for them but I plan on using it for CC, home defense and use as a range toy.

jwatkins383

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    MD

Well if you simply cannot do 1911 b/c of the green backs....then glock/M&P...Springfield XD....Shot them all like XD..then Glock..then M&P....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have a Rock Island Government Tactical and an M&P 45 and like them both. Unfortunately the Rock Island is at Armscor getting a tune up for a bit of a feed problem, but I fully expect that I'll be happy with it when I get it back.

I had the same issue with Glocks (don't feel right in my smaller hands), which is why I initially went with the M&P and its interchangeable backstraps.

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    i have a M&P 45 for sale as soon as I get to 50 post I will post for it and others.stay tooned
    Ill make sure to look out for it

I have a Rock Island Government Tactical and an M&P 45 and like them both. Unfortunately the Rock Island is at Armscor getting a tune up for a bit of a feed problem, but I fully expect that I'll be happy with it when I get it back.

I had the same issue with Glocks (don't feel right in my smaller hands), which is why I initially went with the M&P and its interchangeable backstraps.

The Glock 19 felt very good in my hands but the 17 didn't and the sub-compacts were too small for me

spyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    I would say that price is really going to dictate the answer here... If it is just a basic question you are looking for an answer to, I would say to go with Hk. The stock Hk USP is more accurate from a ransom rest than a Colt Gold Cup, and just as accurate as my Nighthawk Talon II was, at a fifth of the price. Then you can get into the other models of Hk's as the Expert, Elite, and Match... Anyway, for a bulletproof 45, nothing beats an Hk.
    DSCN2458.jpg

^ Basic Hk's.
    DSCN17441.jpg

^ G30 with mods.
    DSCN3820.jpg

^ Hk USP's that are heavily modified.

Last edited:

ashlynsdaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    I saved up and bought a colt. Twice. Now my wife wants me t save up for a kimber for her. I am not saying there is anything wrong with the other brands. I believe a gun is a life purchase. Not to be resold. Therefore i save up and buy what i think will last a lifetime.

Top Bottom