• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nismoz33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Lawrenceburg HVL
    I carry an old Spyderco Endura everyday with a half serrated blade. There is nothing wrong with the knife & I will continue to carry it until a find a suitable replacement.

I need some suggestions on a new knife. Here is what I am looking for in the knife. Please give me suggestions of brand & model & maybe post a link if you have one handy.

1. Tanto blade
    2. Prefer half serrated blade
    3. Includes a bottle opener (I find myself needing one far to often)

Other than that, I am open to other features.

Thanks for any suggestions you guys can send my way.:rockwoot::patriot:

nismoz33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Lawrenceburg HVL
    I have no suggestions, but am wondering what your budget is? Also fixed/folders?
    If I find the right knife, I will spend what I need to. I'd prefer to keep it under or around the $200 range.

Since you already carry a decent knife... how about also carrying a multi - tool..??
    I like the minimalist approach. I would rather carry just one item. I keep a multi-tool in my work bag all day every day. The knife is on my 24/7. If I purchase new knife, I'd like it to be a tanto blade. The inclusion of a bottle opener would be the only reason I would buy a new knife as my current does a wonderful job so I am not hurting to replace it.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    For a folding knife, you might want to look at the DPX HEST Folder 2.0. It's a titanium frame lock folder and it has the "funky" bottle opener incorporated in the spine of the blade. If your looking for a fixed blade, look at the original DPX HEST, HEST Assault II, and the HEST Assault II Woodsman. All three of these fixed blade models have the "funky" bottle opener incorporated in the spine of the blade. Note: None of the HEST models come with a partially serrated blade.....standard edge only.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    I second the kershaw blur for a folder edc, and since you need a bottle opener I would just use the end of a table or shelf to pop off the cap.

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    The Endura is a good blade, I'd keep it. You can always use the blade on the closed knife to pry a cap off a bottle. Just use your knuckle as a leverage point.

If you, like me, are constantly searching for something better, then I'll suggest anything with Benchmade's AXIS lock. You won't be disappointed.

Top Bottom