• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    I am looking for some OWB holsters for my 2 guns. I have a Taurus .357 snub nose 2 inch and a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro C DS 9mm. I have a high noon leather iwb holster for my .357 that I absolutely love for when I concel carry. I also have a Fobus owb for it that I do not like because it's really hard to get the gun out of it. I was thinking of some sort of retention holsters with the thumb release. But not real sure where to start. I am also looking for iwb for my 9mm. At this time I have no holster for it. Any and all suggestions will be helpful. Thanks

indygamerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Muncie
    Price not being considered, the most comfortable holster I've held to date was made to conform to either OC/OWB or IWB carry by SharkTac Holsters. I've read some reviews indicating that their past has been less than admirable, but the holsters I saw at the latest Gun & Knife show sold me. If I had the $120 to shell out for one, I would be wearing it now.

Notable to mention that they claim to cater to all needs, they would likely be willing to make you a custom holster.

Another recommendation for a holster maker would be Foxx holsters. Only basing it off the experience I've had with one individual holster by them, but to this point it's been rock solid. Carries my XDS comfortably. I bet they'd be willing to work with different gun types, I'm not sure where they're based out of. All I know is I ordered mine for my XDS for $39 from Amazon with free shipping, I walked away happy =P

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    For Open carry I have found blackhawk to be the best ( the serpa type with the button on the side that you need to release) just in case someone is dumb enough to go for your gun. I never tried it with a revolver though

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    OWB would be a SERPA 2 from Blackhawk!

I support OC, but I'm also not comfortable doing it without a level 2 retention holster. I spent some time with spectre327 yesterday & showed him why I feel that way. He has another thread similar to this going right now...

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana

I support OC, but I'm also not comfortable doing it without a level 2 retention holster. I spent some time with spectre327 yesterday & showed him why I feel that way. He has another thread similar to this going right now...

^^^^^
    What he said.

I second this completely :D

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Check out Comp-Tac. Every holster I've gotten from them has been first rate. Great customer service and fast delivery. The last holster i ordered from them was ordered on a Monday afternoon and received that Saturday. I especially like their Minotaur line with the leather backing. The Mtac is the only IWB holster I use or recommend, and my new Gladiator is quickly becoming my go to OWB rig.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    Check out Comp-Tac. Every holster I've gotten from them has been first rate. Great customer service and fast delivery. The last holster i ordered from them was ordered on a Monday afternoon and received that Saturday. I especially like their Minotaur line with the leather backing. The Mtac is the only IWB holster I use or recommend, and my new Gladiator is quickly becoming my go to OWB rig.

+1

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

I've worn a Serpa for about 3-4 years now and while I like it, the paddle did split at the upper weak point when I took it off last week. I've always thought the paddle design was weak and as it was worn in primarily white collar environments, it would seem I was right. I'm currently debating to go to the Safariland ALS although retraining my draw is not something I want to do as I put a lot of time into getting pretty fast with the Serpa.

Best,

Joe

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Thanks for all the replies guys! Now I just gotta decide which one I want lol. The only thing is when I look at Blackhawks none of them say they fit my Taurus 24/7.

Last edited:

LYHTSPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Near Evansville
    Smiley, I have same Taurus 9mm. I also have the same Fobus paddle holster, but I have not used it much. I am curious to see what you come up with.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Hey LYHTSPD, I decided to go with some Comp-Tac holsters. After a few people here recommended it I looked at other reviews on them. I went with a Minotaur MTAC Holster for IWB and a Minotaur Gladiator Holster for OWB. They just shipped today. I'm pretty excited to get them and test them. Still trying to figure out how to tell the wife I spent $180 on 2 holsters though! I might be in the doghouse for awhile. lol

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Comp Tac is decent. Honestly, I'd have one of the INGO supporters that build Kydex holsters make you one. I have a couple from Raven and From Hooch. Quality stuff.

Personally I wouldn't put a Hi-Point in a POS Blackhawk Serpa, but that's just me.

Top Bottom