• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    IN if your serious about a rifle range. That's the one thong I don't like about MCFG

Couldn't agree more. If MCFG allowed rifle I wouldn't even worry about a new range, but unfortunately for us on the west side of Indy there is pretty much nowhere reasonably close to shoot rifle.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    IN!! If you can get about a dozen firing points on the rifle range (center-fire ammo I'm sure) you'll have a venue for CMP/NRA high power competitions--something unavailable in the donut counties I think.

How big would the indoor range be? I bet it would be full during the winter

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    See, why can't someone build a range rated for shotguns and rifles closer to Northwest Indiana where I am at? I want to not drive down a good chunk of the state to get to a suitable range.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Westsider - do you have a place where AR type can be fired?

No, I have a membership at MCFG and have been very happy with it, but they don't allow centerfire rifle. Eagle Creek is another good range here on the west side, but again, no rifle allowed. Sometimes I wish I lived out in a rural setting where I had enough land I could just build my own pistol and rifle range.

Then I drive by a gas station and I'm reminded why I don't.

acyork50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Sounds great! Maybe closer to Danville - I could then promise more active shooting from me, keep the price competitive! Does anyone know of a well established gunsmith?

Last edited:

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    not to burst any bubbles. i see an outdoor range in the area you say, very hard if not impossible. Most of plainfield, avon, and brownsburg is personal land. danville has a range the was in the middle of no-where when built, now in in the heart of town. brownsburg conservation club was sued for noise, and other thing just a few years ago. thus they ran out of money and can only shoot trap. with the rapid expasnion of the area. a good place for the range would be in the fayette area of boone county. or in between morresvile and Monrovia.
    Bob cheeks range was put off limits to the public by land owners around him out in putnam county.

you could go out west say new winchester area.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am member at MCFG and like it well enough but as stated...no center fire rifle. I understand why but it is not an all around range for this reason.
    I met ingo member Spunky at Eagle creek early this morning (Sunday) and had a very enjoyable time there. Not been there in years as never had a good time there in the past. Totally different now. Again...pistol calibers and rimfire only. I do believe they are trying to get permits for center fire at least in .223 and the likes. No real distance (60 yds.) but not bad for M-4 and the like.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    No, I have a membership at MCFG and have been very happy with it, but they don't allow centerfire rifle. Eagle Creek is another good range here on the west side, but again, no rifle allowed. Sometimes I wish I lived out in a rural setting where I had enough land I could just build my own pistol and rifle range.

Then I drive by a gas station and I'm reminded why I don't.

Yeah no doubt about the gas station. I called MCGF, and all sounded good until i asked about .223.... BUMMER!!! I'm like you wish I just enough land to make some noise. How serious is this thread about a new range on the West side? Seems like was started months ago.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    I am member at MCFG and like it well enough but as stated...no center fire rifle. I understand why but it is not an all around range for this reason.
    I met ingo member Spunky at Eagle creek early this morning (Sunday) and had a very enjoyable time there. Not been there in years as never had a good time there in the past. Totally different now. Again...pistol calibers and rimfire only. I do believe they are trying to get permits for center fire at least in .223 and the likes. No real distance (60 yds.) but not bad for M-4 and the like.

Keeping my fingers crossed for big boy guns:ar15:

Top Bottom