• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    With this logic folks would have to hate most every retail outlet within the U.S.

Its not the retail giant, its the U.S. Citizen wishing the cheapest price.

Sorry for the off topic, but it needed to be said.

+1

They still directly employ over 2 million people and we can only guess how many other people are indirectly employed. Many people avoid Wal Mart but without them all the other stores would raise prices and then we would complain about that. Do you think Meijer or Target would stay cheap if they didn't have to. Americans simply want cheap and we will go to the cheapest store. Even if we go to Target we still go cheap. You always here the stories about small town stores going out of business but if we weren't greedy and really hated Wal Mart as much as people say then they wouldn't stay in business and the mom and pops would stay open.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    So what do all you fellows do when you go to the gun stores that say "no loaded weapons inside" or the like? Seems like a lot of them in the Indy area say that.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I worked at Galyans years ago, that was also the policy there.
    The theory behind it is, so that you cannot load up your new gun and rob or shoot up the place. I don't know why they think that you would not load up in the parking lot and come back in, if your a bad guy.
    But that is why the policy is in place.

Galyans had a guy in Indianapolis kill himself with one of their 20g shotguns in the store back around 2001. James something-or-other, if I remember right. If they didn't have the policy before that, I bet they sure did afterward.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I hate Walmart. I wonder where the economy would be today if they bought 90% of their stuff manufactured in America vs. China.

Worse off, we would all be poorer, the tanking economy is a result of taxation, currency manipulation, government regulation, and incentive to spend instead of save, not cheap foreign goods.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Galyans had a guy in Indianapolis kill himself with one of their 20g shotguns in the store back around 2001. James something-or-other, if I remember right. If they didn't have the policy before that, I bet they sure did afterward.

I only worked there part time in the hunting/fishing dept. from 1986 to 1988.
    I also had a full time job, I was young with no real marketable skills, we had a baby and in the 80's the economy was much like it is today.
    I was not raised like people are today, I didn't run around to a bunch of Govt. agencies with my hands out asking for help, although I'm sure we probably qualified by today's standards. Anyway I went out and worked 2 jobs.
    In fact I worked 2 jobs for a good portion of my life.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So what do all you fellows do when you go to the gun stores that say "no loaded weapons inside" or the like? Seems like a lot of them in the Indy area say that.

I have said this before and got barked at but I still carry. I do not brandish, brag or make a scene of it and nothing has ever been said. The signs are (I think) for the stores protection in any legal matters that may come up.
    I frequent the same shops. Set in my ways and know everyone that matters. 2 shop prefers I do carry even though it is posted not to. I have been there when more than a few Zombies have stopped in.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I also had a full time job, I was young with no real marketable skills, we had a baby and in the 80's the economy was much like it is today.
    I was not raised like people are today, I didn't run around to a bunch of Govt. agencies with my hands out asking for help, although I'm sure we probably qualified by today's standards. Anyway I went out and worked 2 jobs.
    In fact I worked 2 jobs for a good portion of my life.

Raised the same way. I have worked multi-jobs my entire life and still do. Mostly for myself outside the service truck but will take on anything for fun and profit.
    Collected un-employment once in my young life and vowed never again. Jimmy carter years.

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    If there is a sign at a GS or somewhere like the 1500 the only time I would unload my weapon is if I'm gonna try out holsters for it or if I plan to upholster it for some reason. Otherwise its cc and I don't see any reason to NOT leave it that way.
    But IF I decide to unload at a GS I'd prolly do it standing right in the entrance of there store and when I leave I would load my weapon in the same spot as safely as possible. Of course this is unless they provide me with a safe place to do it.
    It's my understanding that the worse case is that I would be asked to leave the property or unload my weapon. If this is the case then I'd rather keep my weapon safe and secure CC, for me and others around me and take the chance of being asked to leave.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    If there is a sign at a GS or somewhere like the 1500 the only time I would unload my weapon is if I'm gonna try out holsters for it or if I plan to upholster it for some reason. Otherwise its cc and I don't see any reason to NOT leave it that way.
    But IF I decide to unload at a GS I'd prolly do it standing right in the entrance of there store and when I leave I would load my weapon in the same spot as safely as possible. Of course this is unless they provide me with a safe place to do it.
    It's my understanding that the worse case is that I would be asked to leave the property or unload my weapon. If this is the case then I'd rather keep my weapon safe and secure CC, for me and others around me and take the chance of being asked to leave.

I am not an expert, but I don't think that the bolded part would be too good of an idea. Knowing that employees of gun stores are always armed, I don't think I would want to see what would happen if I pulled my gun out in the doorway of the store.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Fellow former Galyan's employee here. Pike Plaza 88-91.

We were told to walk all guns up to the register. When I asked why I was told it was to prevent people running out the door with high value items.

I never had that happen with guns but chased many a pair of Air Jordans out the door.:D

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    I am not an expert, but I don't think that the bolded part would be too good of an idea. Knowing that employees of gun stores are always armed, I don't think I would want to see what would happen if I pulled my gun out in the doorway of the store.

I would inform them as to my intentions. It would be per their request anyway. I figure if they want me to unload I can do it right there to let them know how ridiculous it is. Especially if they don't have a same barrel or something safe for people to carry out THEIR request!

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    my mother works at the walmart on 46 where this actually happened, the real story was that the guy entered the store to buy the rifle himself and was denied after the background check was denied. He then watched as another guy bought a rifle and met the guy in the parking lot with a pistol to his back and took the rifle and told the gentleman to walk back into the store slowly and that he might let him live. The suspect had supposedly killed someone earlier in the day in Northern Indiana. they locked the store down as soon as the victim walked back into the building and had them call the cops. My mom actually saw the suspect while he was in the store. She was a little freaked out but luckily no one got hurt! If he would've opened fire there would've been hell to pay considering I was about two miles away and Just got a new rifle and have extensive military experience. No one messes with momma hahaha.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fellow former Galyan's employee here. Pike Plaza 88-91.

We were told to walk all guns up to the register. When I asked why I was told it was to prevent people running out the door with high value items.

I never had that happen with guns but chased many a pair of Air Jordans out the door.:D

I shopped that store a lot and I miss it terribly. Prices were high but the selection in camping/hiking/shooting gear was great and they always seemed to have what I wanted. Bought 1 gun there and a lot of accessory's. Wondering if you were who assisted me.

Top Bottom