• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've been wanting to get a couple cams for awhile now and I've finally decided to pull the trigger and get a couple. Obviously a bit late for this season, but I'm thinking maybe some Black Friday deals may be worth looking at, plus some end of the season sales could yield good deals.

My question is which to get? :dunno: Ive seen some good reviews on Spypoints. A lot of people are using the Primos Truthcams but I've seen too many pictures from them that are blurry and low quality. I'd rather not have to spend a couple hundred per camera (I would like to get 2 or 3) but I want a good quality unit that will take goo pictures. Do I need to look at something like a Cuddeback or can I get something a little cheaper and still get some good pics?

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I have the 8MP Wildgame Inovations one that is on sale at Dick's right now for $100 and I love it! Great pictures and video and is super easy to setup.

This :yesway:

Ive got the Moutrie cam game spy 9.0 this is my second and it is screwing up. Ive got a buddy thats got like 6 of the wildgame innovations and he loves them.
    Sure cant beat the price.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ive heard some pretty bad things about the Moultrie, so that is one I am definitely staying away from. I hadnt given much thought to the Wildgame Innovations.

Any other good ones in that prce range? Thats about what I want to spend.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Found a really good link, so I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else is in my shoes lokoing for trail cams.

www.trailcampro.com

Surprisingly, they seem to think very highly of the Moultrie. Definitely a wealth of information on that site!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've got a couple of the moultree 4.0's and they work, but there probably is better out there if you want/can pay for it.

SWATDUDE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    EAST CENTRAL INDIANA
    I have 5 Wildlife Innovation cameras, I love them. For the price you cant beat them. I've had 3 stolen in the past and its alot easier to swallow losing $50-$80 on a camera than $300. It still isn't fun but easier.

I had a buddy from a welding shop build me a 3/8 metal box out of bullet proof metal that remedy that problem.

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    I had a buddy from a welding shop build me a 3/8 metal box out of bullet proof metal that remedy that problem.
    Stihl chainsaw.... Never underestimate the thinking of a lowlife thief. A buddy of mine got a camera stolen when some lowlife sawed the tree down. I have to ask, the 3/8" thick bullet proof box that you had made, was it to keep someone from damaging your camera?? That's a pretty hefty box and should keep the thief from hurting your camera unless he shoots it through the lens or sensor opening.

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    I have a primos truthcam 46 and i have not had any blurry pictures other than a coyote running by it. and i dont think there is a game cam out there that will take a still shot of a coyote running past it.

harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    I can not help you out on the specific brand of trail cam, but I just had a discussion with a guy a couple of days ago that one cam he was looking at buying took seven pictures back to back. As he stated, and I agree, you don't need seven pictures of the same coyote or squirrel that walks by. So with that said, I would make sure the cam you choose has a 15 second delay till the next picture is taken. If not, your memory will be used up quickly.

Best Regards,

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    I can not help you out on the specific brand of trail cam, but I just had a discussion with a guy a couple of days ago that one cam he was looking at buying took seven pictures back to back. As he stated, and I agree, you don't need seven pictures of the same coyote or squirrel that walks by. So with that said, I would make sure the cam you choose has a 15 second delay till the next picture is taken. If not, your memory will be used up quickly.

Best Regards,

I am pretty sure that is not the only setting on it. I got four cameras and they have multiple settings. mine does 1,3, or 5 pictures at a time. and it has about 6 or 7 settings where you can pick how long you want the delay between pictures.
    and if you get a 4mb sd card you can hold thousands of pics.

fisherg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Osceola
    my wife just bought me the 8m wildlife innovations (Dicks for $99)- great birthday present! However I'm looking at taking it back and getting a little cheaper model (GSM camera at Dunhams for $45). Not sure I need the video capabilities on the WI model.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I can't speak to the quality of the more expensive WGI cams, but the cheap ones are not worth the trouble. I got 3 of the WGI 1.3 cams for about $45 each. Out of the box, 1 out of 3 works correctly. I have since bought 2 of the Moultrie IR55 cams at $100 and $75 each. (one was on sale and the other on clearance). I have been very happy with the Moultrie and the one Wildgame Innovations. But for my money, one out of three ain't that good of odds to me.

Top Bottom