• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slottech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    N.W. IN
    So what's your opinion? Wallyworld has 'em for $159 if I remember right. Don't know the exact model number, but it looks like like it might be a good, inexpensive home defense weapon. Thanks for you input.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    As long as you train properly with it, sure. Clint Smith has a video on HD shotguns, including singles, I've seen a portion of it on youtube. I have that exact gun, which I bought used, but I use a pump for HD. Honestly though, you should be able to find a used Mossberg/ Maverick pump for around that price, which would be a little better suited to HD. Nothing wrong with a single, but it would take a little more training to master.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I saw a 12 ga NEF w/ wooden stock, at Wally World for $117.00. Good starter shotty, but is single shot. Get a butt cuff load and shoot. Maybe look at recoil pads at the same time.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Slot, the shotgun is fine. The critical issue is ammo.

Slugs and stuff like 00Buck are WAY overpenetrative for a housegun and can penetrate multiple interior walls.

I seem to remember an article I read many years ago from a guy who ran tests and found that #4 shot was a good compromise of stopping power and safety.

slottech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    N.W. IN
    I figured no slugs or 00 buck. Oh, yeah, It is definetly a pump, probably not the pardner. It will hold 5-6 rds & 2-3/4" or 3" shells. Thanks for the input guys.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    20 gauge is fine, but I'd recommend something higher capacity than a single shot. Contrary to Hollywood, you CAN miss with a shotgun at close range, and then what?

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Ah, I see what you meant. Unfortunately, they call both the single shot and pumps "Pardner". I have no experience with that specific model, but it's not difficult to make a good pump, and NEF seems to build good stuff. As long as you take it out and make sure it's a good gun, I wouldn't hesitate to use one for HD. My HD gun is a 12, but I wouldn't shy away from 20, as it has plenty of power as well.

Top Bottom