• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    I recently purchased an NEF Handi in 223. I've loaded thousands of rounds of 223 and shot many thousands more. Currently I'm getting 2 inch groups at 100yds out of this gun using Lake City 08, 55gr FMJ ammo. This is the standard 20 inch barrel with synthetic stock version of this rifle. Is this typical? Does anyone have any proven tips to improve this? ...known loads? ...modifications? ...phase of the moon? Thanks. -NR

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    If the gun is brand new, it may take a few rounds to break in the barrel. You may try channeling the foreend a bit to see if that helps. Also, I believe if its a later model, it's a 1-9 twist which may favor somewhat heavier bullets.

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    If the gun is brand new, it may take a few rounds to break in the barrel. You may try channeling the foreend a bit to see if that helps. Also, I believe if its a later model, it's a 1-9 twist which may favor somewhat heavier bullets.

I did wonder about that. Its not got enough clearance to suit me. Any benchrester knows its gotta be free-float or bedded. No in betweens.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i took rubber innertube squares under barrel.seemed to help me get to the two inches.better trigger helps esp. w/ the slow lock time of hammer hitting firing pin.

Top Bottom