• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    [video=youtube;ap6J2ydUres]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap6J2ydUres[/video]

Posted yesterday by Yankee Marshal, it's a really good reminder to all of us to pay attention to what we are doing and what the firearm is doing. Stay safe friends!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've never had a hang fire but I have had a ND...I was expecting a click and got a bang. And as they say, that was one of the loudest sounds I ever heard. And yeah, the ringing takes awhile to go away.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This guy is new to guns, correct? Glad he is OK, but sorry someone did not teach him properly.

Thanks for posting this. It reinforces the need to teach others properly!

He is not new to guns. He should have known better than to get complacent. He admitted as much in the video.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    He is not new to guns.

He simply must be new to guns. I find that shocking. I figured he was just an enthused beginner.

He did not know that hangfires can happen with centerfire handguns! He is brand new to guns.

Tell me that he does not train. That man simply must have 0 hours training not to know this.

Regardless of his lack of training, this video is a reminder for everyone to refocus and dedicate themselves to teach others properly.

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    He simply must be new to guns. I find that shocking. I figured he was just an enthused beginner.

Tell me that he does not train. That man simply must have 0 hours training.

Regardless of his lack of training, this video is a reminder for everyone to refocus and dedicate themselves to teach others properly.

So, you've never heard of negligent discharges among experienced firearm owners? I guess you are new to ND stories.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, you've never heard of negligent discharges among experienced firearm owners? I guess you are new to ND stories.

Someone with training would know what to do other than rip off one's ear protection during a hangfire.

Sorry, I cannot believe this guy has any experience around firearms. I want to see a CV!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If this guy had any experience with firearms, he would know:

A. All guns are always loaded (I know this is INGO and it will start a fistfight, but this is the first rule they teach you).
    B. Hangfires can transpire.
    C. Don't strip off your ear or eye pro on the range.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I'm new to guns (3 yrs). It happened to me in an indoor range with protection on and pointed down range. It was negligent stupidity. Scared the crap outta me. Will never forget. All lessons are useful if you survive them..

Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    He is not new to firearms. His YouTube channel is ok. I like some of his videos. If nothing else I give him credit that he was willing to admit his negligent discharge and talk about it publicly to hopefully prevent others from having the same thing happen to them.

Top Bottom