• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jag09

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indy/Cloverdale
    I am looking to purchase my first pistol (Although not the first pistol I will have carried or have shot). The gun shops I'm looking at purchasing from are: Freedom Firearms, Sniper Company, Ranger Supply Co., and Flint Gun Store. What are your previous experiences with these stores above? I've been to a couple of gun stores and have been turned off by the customer service and prudishness that they projected towards me as forth losing a potential customer. The gun I am trying to hunt down is a G19 gen3 or 4

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Freedom is Gouging
    Sniper Co is busting at the seems with Retarded Testosterone but somewhat fair prices
    Ranger Supply is Good, but seems the staff is a bit inexperienced (at least the one time I was there)
    Flint ??? No feed back

Yes I'm an equal opportunity basher on retail shops!

Have you tried K&T in New Haven? He's a good guy and will get you a good price as well.
    Or take a trip and visit 21 Centry.

Or comb Armslist or the classified sections here. I've seen a couple Glocks listed recently

jag09

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indy/Cloverdale
    Armslist is the place I've been looking the most. I found a Glock on the from Shull firearms located in Butler, IN and it seemed to be fairly priced.

I might have to make a trip out to K&T or 21 Century/ give them a call to see if they have any in stock

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    I have not purchased a firearm from them but have bought some accessories at Sniper Company and they seemed alright to me. They were pleasant and even smiled and seemed happy to help. Same experience with Ranger. I know Freedom has new owners, but I can't say if they are any better now than the old H&H, cause I haven't been in there for quite a while.

If you are looking for some additional options and are willing to drive a little, the guys and gals at Thomlinson's in Churubusco are great to work with. A little longer drive and you could hit ZX Guns in Goshen, they are also good to work with (they are supposed to be opening a store in the Fort at some time). The folks at 21st Century down in Bluffton are good too.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Set aside an entire day.
    Visit each of the shops that you're looking at.
    Tell the sales person what you're looking for, your budget allowance for the handgun, and your experience with firearms.
    Don't buy anything!
    Just listen the the sales pitches.
    Go home and reflect on your experience at each shop.
    Then go buy what you want, from the store that you want, and if you liked a sales person ask for him/her when you go back.
    A place that's good/bad for me might not be good/bad for you. ;)

jag09

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indy/Cloverdale
    Fergy35- I am actually located in Angola, but am in South Fort Wayne most of the week due to work, so most of those shops would be just a pit stop for me. Thanks for the other suggestions!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Lots of good advice previous. I would also check out Mile Corner Guns in Garrett and Whan's in LaOtto.

For the same reasons that there are many brands of ketchup, shop around and talk to all of them.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    The old man at Flint is a lazy A$$ and I have no idea how they are even still in buisness.

I have bought from Freedom, Whans, Sniper Co and Mile Corner and have no real complaints about any of them. ALL the shops are over priced right now IMO.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Agreed with Whan's in LaOtto. Don't let the Stihl banners fool you. Neat little shop, great guy to talk with, it's a Glock shop (since that's what you're looking for), and you could get your lawn mower ready for spring at the same time! It's kinda out of the way, wish I could get there more often, but I've always enjoyed my stops in there.

Top Bottom