• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Once you move to physical contact you've given up any advantage or possibly reason to have brought the gun in the first place. :twocents:

This guy was already a known violent felon...probably know to be by the neighbor. He was committing murder and likely wouldn't have stopped with the babies. He received the sociopath treatment he needed.

The only thing I try to hit with my firearms are what I'm shooting at. As for going the Louisville Slugger route that first at bat better be a homerun a swing and a miss puts you into grapple mode with Mr Violent Felon.

Also most bathrooms do not offer a lot of room for a solid swing with a bat.
    I have zero issues with grappling.
    Some folks do and that is completely understandable.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ;)

[video=youtube;SE0oDPBslUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE0oDPBslUs[/video]

I have issues grappling with someone armed with a knife.:n00b:

Loved the movie and it makes my point...:)

As to grappling, depends.
    Someone raged out enough to drown baby's is already peaked and would be hard to get physical with.
    This all depends on your training and ability's.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

I'll shake your hand, but I draw the line at rolling around on the floor hugging the life out of you. I don't enjoy getting dirty. Not that I don't think about how best to do so. I just accept that there are safer, more efficient methods to stop violent felonies. Especially for old out of shape guys like me.
    Hurts to admit that.

But. . . I do want the shooters address. I'll buy lunch.
    I believe a proper ending was achieved

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll shake your hand, but I draw the line at rolling around on the floor hugging the life out of you. I don't enjoy getting dirty. Not that I don't think about how best to do so. I just accept that there are safer, more efficient methods to stop violent felonies. Especially for old out of shape guys like me.
    Hurts to admit that.

But. . . I do want the shooters address. I'll buy lunch.
    I believe a proper ending was achieved

I am in on the lunch thing.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Agreed.

I am more into pistol whipping these sorts into complete submission.
    A lot less paper work then parking a round in his left eye socket.
    And possibly more enjoyable.

Hitting one of the kids would be terrible.

Yeah but the guy may have been hopped up on meth, then you could not stop him. He could then beat you up, murder the children, you and who ever else is in the home. NOPE, at my age the only thing I will use to touch a guy in this type situation is the bullet from my firearm. 45 ~ 50 years ago I might have felt the same as you, but now I couldn't physically do it, and also have learned that some people on drugs can continue fighting long after they have fatal wounds. Sounds like this was in a bathroom, If I couldn't shoot a man without endangering the children at that short range, I would not ever use a firearm again! Kudos's to the guy that shot the BG.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

I have zero issues with grappling either...however it would not be my first choice given one.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Just pointing out that those much more in the know than the average gun-owner strongly advise ever using a handgun as a crude club.
    I'm sure that they have good reason for their opinions, reasons that I have read and find perfectly sound when examining them.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I'm thankful that there was someone available with the means and fortitude to decide to act right then and put an end to the situation rather than just call the police and wait for them to show up. Too many people choose not to get involved. The neighbor chose to put aside his own safety, acted bravely, and saved at least 2 and maybe 3 lives that day. That makes him a hero in my book.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Excellent news! The best thing will be for those twins to never be told what happened.

Cash Freeman remains a free man.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Ok...so he won't be charged in criminal court....civil court is still the next option for the greaving parents to get paid because of their useless son and bad parenting!!!

Just saying our court system SUCKS!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My heart aches for those babys. They will be damaged for years to come.

"Years to come" is the key phrase there brother....They now have them.....

But I do admire and love how your first thought in any scenario is the children and the long term effects things will have on them.....I bet you're a helluva a Papaw to your minions....

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "Years to come" is the key phrase there brother....They now have them.....

But I do admire and love how your first thought in any scenario is the children and the long term effects things will have on them.....I bet you're a helluva a Papaw to your minions....

If you were to see them in action with him, you would know that without a doubt and know that they believe he is!

Top Bottom