• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So you know "actual Mexicans" as opposed to me, huh? The Mexican's I know aren't actually Mexicans, right? They just lie to me and are actually from Costa Rica? Ok, got ya. I'm racist, you're right. Have a nice day.

Given the unfortunate habit of Americans calling any Spanish-speaking person a "Mexican," I figured I should clarify. I'd bet most of the "Mexicans" you actually "know" are probably Americans, or have no affiliation with Mexico at all.
    Hey bro, no need to get all flustered. I called you out because I'm one of those guys that doesn't think the racial make-up of a particular person one has chosen, to date, counts as "assimilation." It's a ridiculous notion actually.
    What time is it?.... Ah. Have good afternoon.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    And you still don't get it. How is dating a "white girl" assimilation? Does "white" equal "American?" Couldn't he have just as easily date another Latino girl whose family has been in America for generations (or black, or Asian)? And if the traits you pointed out, the kid has, are indicative of assimilation, what exactly are you saying about Latino culture; that they generally do poorly in school, like to fight, don't go to college, and are in gangs? No one is calling you racist, but what you said (or how your framed it) is certainly racist... based more in ignorance rather than being mean spirited.
    I know lots and lots of Mexicans... actual Mexicans, and Hondurans. I speak the language, and know the culture better than many. A couple of things in this thread, I thought about calling out because they didn't make sense, but whatever.... it's the internet.

Out of curiosity... and be truthful. How well do you know this girl that kid is dating?

Haahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaahahahah

:laugh::nuts::laugh::nuts::laugh::nuts::laugh::nuts::laugh:

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    As an actual American of hugely varied decent and an enormously diverse family including Black, Mexican, White trash, Indian, German, and lesbian, gay, Catholic, Protestant, Basement Baptist, etc I have to say.......

I find it disturbing that a five year old has $340 in cash no matter what the reason.

I know a couple of eight year olds that would most likely rob him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As an actual American of hugely varied decent and an enormously diverse family including Black, Mexican, White trash, Indian, German, etc I have to say.......

I find it disturbing that a five year old has $340 in cash no matter what the reason.
    I know a couple of eight year olds that would most likely rob him.

Yeah, a bit odd. I think at 5, the largest amount of money I ever had was a $5 bill.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Ummm, I don't know how we started this race-baiting. I called them Mexican because they consider themselves Mexicans. I told you guys they were "La Raza". Kutnupe14 asked if these "Mexicans" could possibly be Americans, a thinly veiled attempt at showcasing some more racism. Oops he was right, most of them are American citizens. He doesn't comment on the fact that you can be both things. Denny says 'Love the stereotypes. "Mexicans" equals ANY Central or South American peoples". Uh....No, Denny. These people consider themselves Mexican. They believe the U.S.A. Is stolen Mexican land. They believe they are fighting for their homeland by living here. The father is from MEXICO. Mama is from L. A., or in her political view "northern Mexico" (If I had said that it would be racist!) The kids? Mom & Dad WISH they were Mexican but they were born and raised in Indiana. I doubt the La Raza politics will stick. Further, being called "A strong well spoken woman" is racist like being called "clean and articulate" is racist. People here could be stronger and better-spoken as well as be cleaner and more articulate. These are not epithets, they are personal qualities that should be aspired to.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Ummm, I don't know how we started this race-baiting. I called them Mexican because they consider themselves Mexicans. I told you guys they were "La Raza". Kutnupe14 asked if these "Mexicans" could possibly be Americans, a thinly veiled attempt at showcasing some more racism. Oops he was right, most of them are American citizens. He doesn't comment on the fact that you can be both things. Denny says 'Love the stereotypes. "Mexicans" equals ANY Central or South American peoples". Uh....No, Denny. These people consider themselves Mexican. They believe the U.S.A. Is stolen Mexican land. They believe they are fighting for their homeland by living here. The father is from MEXICO. Mama is from L. A., or in her political view "northern Mexico" (If I had said that it would be racist!) The kids? Mom & Dad WISH they were Mexican but they were born and raised in Indiana. I doubt the La Raza politics will stick. Further, being called "A strong well spoken woman" is racist like being called "clean and articulate" is racist. People here could be stronger and better-spoken as well as be cleaner and more articulate. These are not epithets, they are personal qualities that should be aspired to.

Of curiosity, were you actually present for the kid pulling out the wad of cash?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I'm not veiling anything. And no, you can't be both, you're either an American or a Mexican. You may have relate to a cultural identity that differs from mainstream "USA," but if the govt considers you American, you are an American, and subject to all the benefits and ills that goes along with it.

Denny is also spot on, as it is very common for any Spanish speaking person to be called a "Mexican." I've seen more than a few tussles due to someone incorrectly assigning that nationality to a person it doesn't apply. I myself, and I bet most of us, have been guilty of the offense.

As for the US stealing Mexican land, well that actually was true, until the we paid for it. #becausehistory

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    And you have documented dad's legal status how?

And thusly, we approach a nexus in this thread.

The obvious choices are:
    continue down the easy road of racial identity v nationalistic goals
    go full tilt conspiracy/under cover agent for the FBI route

Or, if I may suggest another branch?

Overtly sexual from a voyeristic perspective?
    I think there's some conversational meat on them bones. (If ya catch my drift). :whistle:

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    They don't open bank accounts because to do so requires a SS# and a decent credit rating. Bank deposits over 5-6K are reported to the IRS. Hispanics don't pay their fair share (or any) taxes. Hispanic couple next door lived together, he was working in a scrap yard and bragged of cash wages, no taxes. She works in a Mexican restaurant and is paid in cash. She has been in the country 18 years and speaks not a word of English. She threw the boyfriend out six months ago for philandering and she now supplements her income by running a un regulated day care. Also pays no taxes on the day care income while the kids she watches are a real noisy PIA. The car she drives still has Illinois plates on it cause it's registered there and she's borrowing it from the owner (for last 4 years) She appears to be invisible to the system and yet can afford to send money monthly to her mother in Mexico. Everybody feels sorry for the poor suffering Hispanics.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If you are referencing me, you might have missed the part where I said I work with these people. Some of them I call friends. If I say they are Mexicans, who are you to challenge that? Your statement above assuming something about me that you don't know shows that you are the one with the stereotypes.
    Meh, you wouldn't have been the first to say, "I work with Mexicans." only to unknowingly be working with Peruvians, Guatemalans, Panamanians, etc. I'll take your word for it that the Hispanics you work with are Mexicans.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They don't open bank accounts because to do so requires a SS# and a decent credit rating. Bank deposits over 5-6K are reported to the IRS. Hispanics don't pay their fair share (or any) taxes. Hispanic couple next door lived together, he was working in a scrap yard and bragged of cash wages, no taxes. She works in a Mexican restaurant and is paid in cash. She has been in the country 18 years and speaks not a word of English. She threw the boyfriend out six months ago for philandering and she now supplements her income by running a un regulated day care. Also pays no taxes on the day care income while the kids she watches are a real noisy PIA. The car she drives still has Illinois plates on it cause it's registered there and she's borrowing it from the owner (for last 4 years) She appears to be invisible to the system and yet can afford to send money monthly to her mother in Mexico. Everybody feels sorry for the poor suffering Hispanics.

Care to whittle down the EPICALLY broad statement?

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Although to be completely honest

if I saw a white kid with that kind of cash in a trailer park I would think "meth lab"

Top Bottom