• ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    So... The plot thickens mildly here...

Animal control in Elkhart County appears to be the sheriff's department so there won't be any anonymous reporting. I'm going to have to own it or not. The closest thing I can get to anonymous would be to call the human society and tell them my next move is to go full bore with the sheriff or they can attempt to reach out with softer gloves. :rolleyes: Seems like that would do nothing, so...

The country ordinances are online and they are no joke for aggressive animal owners. If they want to keep the dog it has to be licensed ($500), chipped, and all sorts of other crap.

The ordinance flat out spells out the behavior of their dog as illegal.
    1629849187905.png

So... Now my question becomes... do I report all of the aggressive activity I've seen or what just happened to me over the weekend? I'm thinking just the stuff that happened to me and let the others worry about themselves?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Animal control in Elkhart County appears to be the sheriff's department so there won't be any anonymous reporting. I'm going to have to own it or not. The closest thing I can get to anonymous would be to call the human society and tell them my next move is to go full bore with the sheriff or they can attempt to reach out with softer gloves. :rolleyes: Seems like that would do nothing, so...

The country ordinances are online and they are no joke for aggressive animal owners. If they want to keep the dog it has to be licensed ($500), chipped, and all sorts of other crap.

View attachment 154910

So... Now my question becomes... do I report all of the aggressive activity I've seen or what just happened to me over the weekend? I'm thinking just the stuff that happened to me and let the others worry about themselves?
    I’d report anything you’ve witnessed firsthand. If you’re gonna have to be on record, might as well ensure you get done what you’re wanting.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I played basketball and baseball through school, so never really leaned nerdy until I got older. Now I’m into tech and catching up on old movies I never got into. Still never seen lord of the rings or Star Wars, if that tells you anything.
    You're missing out on some great stuff.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I think you guys are right. The absolute worst thing that can happen is I'm out of here and living in a hotel next week if the wheels really come off of things. That ain't so bad. The penalty of doing nothing could be death, blindness, castration...

I use 2/3 of those related things on a regular basis, so I'd miss them if I lost them. :)

The penalty before was having a house I owned and had to deal with. I don't have those strings here.

Ethylene glycol is very toxic to dogs.

I'm pretty sure that was the intended goal of the sarcastic post.

FWIW, I saw an episode of one of those animal hospital shows once where a bunch of kittens and a couple of dogs had gotten into some anti-freeze and the suffering as they went to the afterlife talked me out of "just taking care it that way" for life. I'll pop a slug in an animal and face whatever consequences come my way before I'd do that to one. It's not like they just go to sleep. It's basically a full day of convulsions, heaving, and gasping for air.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

View attachment 154910

Marshall county is like that with the Sheriff being animal control. Some neighbors down the road decided to take in a feral pig as a piglet and raise it as a pet. They named it Bacon. The thing had 2-3" tusks and they let it just roam the neighborhood. Came home one night and found it had destroyed ALL my wife's flower beds, and was now sitting in a 18" deep hole it had made in the middle of one of the flower beds. My wife was pissed! Called the sheriff's dept and they sent out an officer. He showed up and looked at this 250 lb beast and says "What the hell am I supposed to do with it?" My response was If you don't do something, I have my Matthews bow right inside the door and I'll do something. He looks at me and says "I'll hold the flashlight." I put one arrow in its shoulder blade and it charge me. Thought the officer was gonna have to change his pants as he shuffled behind me, grabbing his gun to get ready for what he was sure wasn't going to end well. I nocked another arrow as I dogged his charge. Let it fly on the run and it hit its mark. The road commission came by the next day to haul away the carcass.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I think you guys are right. The absolute worst thing that can happen is I'm out of here and living in a hotel next week if the wheels really come off of things. That ain't so bad. The penalty of doing nothing could be death, blindness, castration...

I use 2/3 of those related things on a regular basis, so I'd miss them if I lost them. :)

The penalty before was having a house I owned and had to deal with. I don't have those strings here.

I'm pretty sure that was the intended goal of the sarcastic post.

FWIW, I saw an episode of one of those animal hospital shows once where a bunch of kittens and a couple of dogs had gotten into some anti-freeze and the suffering as they went to the afterlife talked me out of "just taking care it that way" for life. I'll pop a slug in an animal and face whatever consequences come my way before I'd do that to one. It's not like they just go to sleep. It's basically a full day of convulsions, heaving, and gasping for air.
    I'm with you. I knew an older guy who used golden malrin to kill lots of things and I just couldn't do that.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I’ll be damned if I’m leaving my home.

Also, watch them hotels, some of the things there will hurt you worse than them dogs.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Marshall county is like that with the Sheriff being animal control. Some neighbors down the road decided to take in a feral pig as a piglet and raise it as a pet. They named it Bacon. The thing had 2-3" tusks and they let it just roam the neighborhood. Came home one night and found it had destroyed ALL my wife's flower beds, and was now sitting in a 18" deep hole it had made in the middle of one of the flower beds. My wife was pissed! Called the sheriff's dept and they sent out an officer. He showed up and looked at this 250 lb beast and says "What the hell am I supposed to do with it?" My response was If you don't do something, I have my Matthews bow right inside the door and I'll do something. He looks at me and says "I'll hold the flashlight." I put one arrow in its shoulder blade and it charge me. Thought the officer was gonna have to change his pants as he shuffled behind me, grabbing his gun to get ready for what he was sure wasn't going to end well. I nocked another arrow as I dogged his charge. Let it fly on the run and it hit its mark. The road commission came by the next day to haul away the carcass.
    Haul away the carcass?! Bull****, that’s a good hunt and clean kill, “Bacon” would be getting the smoker treatment.

I’d invite the sheriff that held the light, too.

Edit: and the “owner” of bacon.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Good God, man.. Nerves of steel on you. I'd have been out there with slugs in the 12ga, minimum.

I'm with you. I knew an older guy who used golden malrin to kill lots of things and I just couldn't do that.

Oddly, I knew a guy that did that too and he said they didn't even make 10 yards before dropping dead. He said he'd mix it with full sugar Pepsi and the varmints would go wild for it... and die pretty much on the spot.

I’ll be damned if I’m leaving my home.

Also, watch them hotels, some of the things there will hurt you worse than them dogs.

Not my home. I rent it. I don't give a single care about this place. In a week or two it can be emptied into storage and I can be outta here forever. Big difference between this situation and owning the house.

And... for better or worse, I've been a road warrior before. I'm not afraid of hotels.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    You could’ve hung flyers in the neighborhood.

“Remember that pig that tore our **** up. He’s gone. We will be hosting a hog roast in celebration on August 28th at 2.”

It was August, and 90 degrees. It was also like 10:30 at night and I wasn't going to stay up till 3:00 am processing a pig that already pissed me off. By the morning, it wasnt good any more.

Top Bottom