• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Good job working to build a safe backstop. I'm glad to see that safety is your top priority. The law will sort itself out , but stay safe!

Also, I would talk to a lawyer before I touched the fence. Right now it sounds to me that you're in the right and blameless. I would hate to see you give up that high ground.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    property lines

BEFORE you tear out the fence make DAMN SURE it is on your property...
    If it is down the property line do NOT tear it out, find out what your County Zoning has to say about its placement and then proceed to file complaints with the proper authorities...

The repercussions could be very detrimental to you financially if you rip out the fence and YOU are not 100% righteous...

Im not too worried about the fence right now.

Worry about the fence.
    Legally speaking, AFIK, you are responsible for maintaining the right 1/2 of the fence as you face it from your property. Your neighbor may have a legal right to bill you for the expense of maintaining your half if they have in fact installed and maintained it.
    Property lines should be enforced scrupulously. I know for a fact that if your neighbor maintains part of your ground for a certain period of time and you never enforce your property line it can become the neighbors property over your objections. It happened to a local church. They lost about 8' along one edge of the church property because the neighbor had mowed it and pruned trees there for years.

Last edited:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    RE: # 24

Check our advertisers for a State/County Certified Surveyor to plat your property. THEN pitch your proper complaint. Install some cheap anti-breakin gizmos on ALL your doors, both screens and entry doors. Make sure to photograph the "after" installation. If they can be broken by any determined but stupid LEO trying to enter w/o warrant, so much the better. You might find a bug $$$ supply to help in your next move. Your attorney will help you sue both the Department(s) & the LEO. (Do you rent, or own?) Don't EVER threaten ANYONE, and now go back and delete any of your posts that even SOUND like any threat.
    :popcorn:

Be SURE of your property line, and the law governing discharge of firearms where you live, then tear down the fence. Celebrate with gunfire. Looking forward to the next installment.

Last edited:

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    number one now your local zoning laws and codes, some are the same as for fireworks noise, because you live in the country their should be no noice ordance but you never can tell. #2 Most LEO's (no offence to any present) do not now federal much less state laws about firearms, a few years ago about this time of year between myself, my son and my brother we had 3 picnic tables covered with guns in my back yard, now I have 1 acre back yard over the fence is my neighbors land with horces (yes they were no were in sight) he came over to check it out and joined us (he said he did'nt now what half the firearms were) sounded like WW3 in the back yard, threw one of the ak's over my should and walked around to front door (back door locked) barney 5 car in driveway looked around and he was sneeking around side of house as firing was going on, waited for firing to stop and said very loudly what the hell he wanted, after he stopped shaking he said they had a report of gunfire and I said well no shi@, come on back and I'll show ya, he came on back and stayed half a hour, I rold him to show in print that I could not shoot on my property, or a noice law, he could not so he joined us, and trust me you were safer standing in front of the gun. Point being most do not study the laws, that they enforce. Granted I have know my neighbors for over 20 yrs, yes his fence is over on my property line, as long as it's him I don't care and I don't care what he doe's on his property and he is the same with me. If need be pay for a lawyer to look into it, contact the NRA, contact the state atty. general, most laws are your friend, it's the lawyers and cops you have to look out for. Good Luck

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Sounds to me like it's time for an INGO shooting event at your place. Get a few guys and make A LOT of noise.

I"M SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! My and my Remy 1100, my 2 x .357's and my 3 x 9mm's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Yay!! BIG FUN AT OP's place!!!!!!!!!!!
    :ar15::patriot::draw:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    WHAT THE Ч377 !!

Doesn't "spell-check" work any more?? And the schools are talking about dropping Cursive hand-writing!!! Or mebbe I shoud of sedd: "Deostn "spell-check" wurk enymowr? An thi skuulz Went too gow an drope Curses in writting??" Where is my duct-tape, Glenn?

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Doesn't "spell-check" work any more?? And the schools are talking about dropping Cursive hand-writing!!! Or mebbe I shoud of sedd: "Deostn "spell-check" wurk enymowr? An thi skuulz Went too gow an drope Curses in writting??" Where is my duct-tape, Glenn?

I gave up trying to read it...

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I long loud shoot would make a point but let me suggest I come up with my .454 Raging Bull and light off some rounds. I'm thinking 25 shots staggered from mid morning through sunset. This thing has a report like none other. 10 minutes between a couple of shots and some an hour apart then 20 minutes apart. The random shots will grate on their nerves like nothing else. Just when they think you're done then light off another one. I guarantee nerves will be frazzled and it will be much cheaper than a Hamburger Hill reenactment.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    just kinda sucks Ive been shooting out back for about 8 months now, and all of a sudden they wanna start issues. I'll keep a cool head though, because getting upset and starting trouble just makes me get worse. I must be a noobie what is the NFA fund?
    You weren't doing anything wrong so they already started the trouble. I would tear down that fence if it were on my property and continue to shoot safely and legally and tell anyone that doesn't like it to kiss my ***.

Last edited:

stryguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Indiana
    I suggest you just back down and not shoot at home anymore..

HA HA HA HA

No, seriously, I think this is pretty simple to clarify. I'd call the DNR, local PD and the county and clarify with each. Then celebrate with sustained gunfire. As we all know, it's not about being right or wrong, it's about the trouble of proving you were within your rights. It will be easier and cheaper to do that prior to more shooting than after you've been given a court summons or a hefty ticket.

Now.. For the fence.. I would ground it (to either the ground wire if it's a 2 wire system or to the ground if it's a soil ground system) and depending on the head unit's quality and wattage they will either end up with an amazing electric bill or or a burnt out head unit. If you're lucky it will be both. Also, if it's on your property perhaps you should be zapped by it once and then visit an attorney. After you sue for that horrible migraine that you just can't shake due to their negligence then perhaps you'll expand your gun range onto your newly acquired acreage.

Top Bottom