• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbatten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Somewhere in Shelby Co.
    I did some searching of INGO and it looks like quite a few people were affected by the NEOS recall. I sent mine back in October and received it back 5 weeks later. Since getting it back and right out of the box I have had problems with light firing pin strikes and the gun failing to fire. I thoroughly cleaned the gun and firing pin and springs and lightly oiled. It helped but I am still having the problems. Has anybody else been experiencing this? I never had this problem before it went back and I'm using the same ammo. I called Beretta this morning and they said they didn't swap out the springs for lighter ones. They want me to send it back to them for another 6 weeks I'm sure. If any of you have had this issue and you fixed it, I would like to hear it before I send it back.

Thanks,

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I got a new one (from someone here) that was post-recall. I had those exact problems, but a thorough cleaning of the striker channel cleared them right up.

Blazed right through 100 rounds with no hiccups.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Might want to really work on cleaning the FP, FP channel, and any associated springs. And keep them DRY. No oil and/or grease based lubes of any kind on any of that stuff. (will cause more crud to adhere to it)

-J-

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Might want to really work on cleaning the FP, FP channel, and any associated springs. And keep them DRY. No oil and/or grease based lubes of any kind on any of that stuff. (will cause more crud to adhere to it)

-J-

Yeah, I actually sprayed WD40 down that channel. Then went through it with a Q-tip. It is mostly dry there now as that stuff evaporates. I did NOT oil it after I was done.

Generally I only oil where the slide rides along the rails.

I saw the strike marks on the rim of the casings, so I know they were hitting. They were CCI Mini-Mags too. So the ONLY thing it can be is the firing pin/striker not hitting it hard enough. That means spring or something is holding up the pin...

sbatten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Somewhere in Shelby Co.
    Do you guys put anything on the firing pin and spring? I had put some CLP oil on it so you are probably right it just collected the dirt. I have some dry lube I can use for that area, and see if that helps.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Nope. Nada.

I have the Breakfree LP but since its not the CLP I didn't use it to clean the channel. That's why I used the WD40. I suppose I could have used the Hoppes #9.

I didn't put the LP on afterwards for whatever reason. Turns out that was probably for the best. Whatever I did it worked...

Did yours get progressively worse? Or was it trouble from the first mag on? I actually had plans to go put a 100 CCI and a 100 Federal through it today to see if it was a "dirty" issue. But I couldn't get away.

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    I have one that is post recall, haven't had any problems with it at all. But, I have decided I have 2 many .22 pistols and have thought about putting it up for sale. I have put 300 to 400 rounds thru it and no fail to fires or fail to eject problems at all.

Last edited:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Oh crap, I ordered one from Tucker's Friday.

Relax. It's a sweet shooter. It may, MAY, not be as accurate as Rugers or Buckmarks but it is accurate enough and it is wonderful to shoot.

The heavy barrel keeps the front down. No snap at all. None. You can just keep it on target and pfft pfft pfft ... pfft there goes 10 rounds.

I'll never sell mine. Its the gun I let non-shooters shoot and they love it. Then we work up from there. Three people over Christmas. "I love that gun.", "It feels so good in the hand.", and so on. Grip is a little small for big hands, but that means it will be perfect for my boys when they get a little older.

Field stripping and cleaning is a breeze. One thumbscrew, slide and voila! it is apart. Two springs and the firing pin.

Last edited:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I haven't sent mine back. I've never had any trouble with it, either related to the problem which prompted the recall, or with failures of any kind.

It's a sweet shooter, and is a blast on the range.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I had no problems with mine, but sent it back. I think it was gone less than 2 weeks. And, no problems upon return. I don't know about accuracy as compared to other brands, but I'm please with how well mine shoots.

For the money, I have the Inox, it is a heck of a pistol. Three interchangable barrels from 4" to 9" and fantastic ergos. It is one of the most comfortable pistols I've ever picked up. And, as crispy pointed out, a snap to break down. It also looks good next to my Communicator.;)

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    It also looks good next to my Communicator.;)

LOL!

Wrong "Star" series though. I had mine out and my five year old who is HUGE into Star Wars Clone Wars animated series says "Oh... Dad, is that your Blaster?"

I realized that his ONLY experience with firearms to that point has all been through TV/Movies and mostly Star Wars. I gotta fix that.

Funny how it does look like a Star Wars Blaster that Han Solo would use...

Top Bottom