• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    A little nervous about Knee surgery, have never had a broken bone or any surgery EVER ! Now I have to have a scope on my knee and get it cleaned out, I go Mon. to have it done and starting to get nervous about it... I guess Im more nervous about being put out then anything... Will update how it goes if I make it thru it.... ;)

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Prayers your way sir. Went through two extensive back surgeries within five months time. The pain your feeling now is probably higher than the pain you'll feel post surgery.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Just had scope surgery on my shoulder. It will be several weeks before I am swinging a hammer again or casting a fishing line, or shooting yotes! :): - but the pain I had before the surgery is gone. Just do as they tell you.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Piece of cake.
    I've had my back scoped twice, rt knee twice, lt shoulder once.
    Piece of cake. Don't forget to do what the docs tell you to do.
    These are all "scope" procedures. The major stuff hurts like the dickens.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    FWIW, my step-dad had a clean-out done on one of his knees 10-12 years ago.

He went back to work the next day. Granted, at that time, he wasn't standing all day...

But depending on your pain tolerance and what exactly is being done, don't be surprised if it's easier than you think it'll be.

That said, the only minor surgeries are those happening to someone else...

Best to you.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I had my knee scoped to fix a torn miniscus 3 years ago and was walking later that day as per doc's instructions. the worst part for me was getting the IV.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Quick and easy. I was on my feet the day of my surgery. One recommendation: do your exercises and physical therapy. If you don't, you'll be unhappy with the result, and will have no one to blame but yourself.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Quick and easy. I was on my feet the day of my surgery. One recommendation: do your exercises and physical therapy. If you don't, you'll be unhappy with the result, and will have no one to blame but yourself.

Thats what the surgeon will tell you to cover his butt if he screws up.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I've had many surgeries on my knees and shoulders. With technology being what it is you should be back on your feet in no time. I remember when Walter Payton had his knee scoped and he ran for over 100 yards. the same week. Relax and enjoy your time off.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Im having it done at Indiana Ortho. in Anderson/ pendelton area its a sports med. place... That's all they do is hip, shoulder, and knee work ect.... Going yote hunt'n Sun. on the last hunt till I heal up... lol, again the only thing that makes me nervous is being put out... Not that I haven't passed out before, back in the day.... LMAO

Last edited:

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Good luck man, been there done that. Hope it goes well and your recovery is short. I had my right knee scoped (miniscus clean up) 12 yrs ago and was laid up for 6 weeks (I was 13 at the time)! As said, make sure to do your therapy. It's torture but it'll help in the long run!

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Had my knee scoped about 10 years ago, I walked out after the surgery albeit with a cane. As said before, do your therapy and your exercises. A word of advice, if you have a spouse with you, refrain from speaking to any other females after they put the I.V. in. I had absolutely no inner dialogue and apparently told the anesthesiologist that she was way too beautiful to be a doctor. Needless to say, my wife was not amused.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Had my knee scoped about 10 years ago, I walked out after the surgery albeit with a cane. As said before, do your therapy and your exercises. A word of advice, if you have a spouse with you, refrain from speaking to any other females after they put the I.V. in. I had absolutely no inner dialogue and apparently told the anesthesiologist that she was way too beautiful to be a doctor. Needless to say, my wife was not amused.
    You need the "Male Disclaimer". "Nothing I say when sleeping, drinking, or drugged up" may be used against me".

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana

Great now I got something else to worry about.... lmao

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom