• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    my "new gun" itch is starting to itch again and I know what that means. I am on the final approach for buying another gun.

the thing is, I don't know what I want and I am not really sure why I am doing it. But I know me and how I operate. Once I start looking at guns, thinking and going to Budsgunshop to browse then I know that I have entered the final stages of my disease.

Oh man... how am I going to explain/justify this one to my wife?:dunno: "I made a mistake" and "it was an accident" are both completely used up so those two are out. Possibly "This was a crazy good deal" may work.:rolleyes:

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Mainjet,
    If you are not sure of what you want and just wanna scratch the itch, take advantage of the fine offerings on this board and save money, tax and paper trail. I have had a positive encounter with everyone I have bought or sold to on this site.
    DanO

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    My latest strategy is to time it so that something for her arrives the same day as whatever I got for me. Friday, I've got some spiffy new grips arriving for my Sig. I've also got a new pair of shoes for her that's coming that same day.

More expensive, yes. But worth every penny. Happy wife, happy life.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    "I slipped and it fell..." er, wrong excuse.

I couldn't afford not to, I saved XX dollars. It is an investment, we are just losing money in the stock market right now. Prices are going to go up. I thought you might like this one. It's for the children. It's to protect us. They don't make these anymore.

My itch never subsides...always trying to figure out what I want/need next.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Very interesting to see how we "brave men" all know just how to tip-toe around our wives. These are all great [STRIKE]excuses[/STRIKE] reasons to get what you want.

I have always made it a point to not complain about what she buys because that let's me pull out the "hey, I have never told you not to get something that you wanted" excuse.

I kinda want another .45 but I would also maybe like a ruger GP100. But then again I would like to have one of those little pocket guns like the Ruger LCP. However, I don't have a Glock so that would be kind of nice.

What I really need is some reloading components for the winter.:n00b:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Here's what I do. I take a little bit extra from each paycheck, and put it in the safe. Over time I'll get a nice little chunk of change set aside, then I spend that and no more. That way I never have to even say anything about it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I went from having a wife to having a girlfriend. They are much less inclined to tell you how to spend your money when the deal isn't closed yet.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    my "new gun" itch is starting to itch again and I know what that means. I am on the final approach for buying another gun.

the thing is, I don't know what I want and I am not really sure why I am doing it. But I know me and how I operate. Once I start looking at guns, thinking and going to Budsgunshop to browse then I know that I have entered the final stages of my disease.

QUOTE]

Yea , the Buds itch hit me , and I had Andrew do a FFL on a 1911 LAST NITE! cant wait to hit the range. :) :yesway:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hint: if you buy an additional copy of a pistol you already have it is, 1) a copy idea to have a backup, 2) it is easy to hide it as you can say that you have owned this pistol for a long time.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    You obviously don't have enough guns.

I think my wife is "numb" to my gun purchases. Although she was present at my last purchase of a Governor. She asked why I wanted it (see, she already knows it is not a matter of need but want). I told her "I don't have one yet". I also let her know it would be my birthday gift.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Trade something off! That way you are not acquiring more guns. So sell that $75 single shot and buy that new ________ that you have been wanting. Just don't bother to say it was an "even" trade.

As a side note I am allowed to buy basically anything I can "justify". About two weeks ago we were watching The Walking Dead on TV and my wife very seriously mentioned that the group should really have suppressors on their guns. Care to guess what I tried to "justify". :D Apparently zombie invasion is not a reason to buy something really cool. :(

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My wife rarely asks any more. After picking up two more at the 1500 this weekend, she did ask how many that makes and I gave her the usual 'I don't know'. Of course I know, but I don't care to talk numbers with her. I have my hobbies, she has hers.

I can relate to the OPs need. I had not bought anything in months and there was a definite need for a new gun fix. For the last two months, I just could not find anything that was worth parting with cash for but this weekend ended up buying a black powder revolver (Pietta 1860 Army) and a 1903 Colt. This was my first black powder revolver and I love the thing. It gives a real appreciation for modern firearms but is still a very nice gun to shoot. It takes about 5 minutes to load, but I like that. Slow and steady with BP.

Top Bottom