• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Today I got an email from Netflix telling me that they are sending me a DVD which has been on our list for 2 years that the local facility has not had. Now the interesting part is that we already have our 1 movie out, and this is essentially a "complimentary" one. This was very surprising. Anyone else have this happen?

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    When we had the movies in the mail we would get a extra about once a year. Normally it was after a damaged one.

Ours didn't count toward the number we could get but they did know we had it so guessing they could charge us if we didn't return it.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    I had one a couple of months ago like that: Returned the disc, the next one in queue was out so they sent the 2nd in queue. "Missed" disc got shipped out later the same day when it came in the afternoon mail.

Aside from doubling the price, Netflix has been pretty good.

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    they were screwin me so i cancelled the membership and started just goin to redbox. as long a u take the movie back the next day its only 1$ cant beat that. and i dont have to wair for it to come in the mail

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    If you have something in your que for a long period of time, and it is "your turn" they will normally send it out regardless. Same goes if you have a box set of some sort that they only sent you part of.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Netflix has outstanding customer service.

They have done the same thing for me, several times sent me movies that were not available from the usual facility. So I would end up with more movies out that I was supposed to have.

I have only had to call once. They sent me a damaged disc, I sent it back and they resent the exact same damaged disc. When I called they apologized and sent a new disc plus the next one on my list.

I have nothing but praise for Neflix. I stream movies all the time from them and never a problem. Unlike Amazon.com who I have streamed movies from and always have problems with.

I switched to Netflix from BlockBuster. BlockBuster consistently screwed me and the service was horribly slow. BlockBuster is a **** poor company to deal with, what little customer service they have, sucks.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Customer service has always been great. The price increase was ridiculous, but bearable. The who idea of separating dvd and streaming so I have to manage two different lists and two different transactions is going cause me to drop them.

We'd get the extra disc whenever there was a damaged one or if the next disc in a series wasn't available until after they'd already shipped something else.

Iluvguns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2011
    i was thinking about dropping them all together as well, but looks like they just signed a deal extending their AMC contract so i might keep the streaming option for a while

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I always found the movies in the mail to be too much pressure. It is really hard for the wife and I to find time to watch movies with small children. So they just sort of sat around and we really never got our monies worth. We did recently sign up for streaming netflix through out Wii. This is pretty cool. Lot of shows for the kids.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Customer service has always been great. The price increase was ridiculous, but bearable. The who idea of separating dvd and streaming so I have to manage two different lists and two different transactions is going cause me to drop them.

We'd get the extra disc whenever there was a damaged one or if the next disc in a series wasn't available until after they'd already shipped something else.

This.

We still have Blockbusters opened in my area, thinking about starting up with them, i think its even cheaper.

But back onto Netflix. Only happened once, but they didnt receive the movie i sent back, and no questions asked excepted me at my word that i did send it. Where else would that happen?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This.

We still have Blockbusters opened in my area, thinking about starting up with them, i think its even cheaper.

But back onto Netflix. Only happened once, but they didnt receive the movie i sent back, and no questions asked excepted me at my word that i did send it. Where else would that happen?

I don't think BlockBuster will be that nice to you. You could not pay me to go back to BlockBuster. There are reasons they are closing up shop all over the US - they suck.

Top Bottom