• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Here's the science behind drugs and the reality. Not the propaganda we've been bombarded with for decades. This is the science and reality, not the governments money burning message or the DARE lies. It's past time to have a real, adult, reality based discussion. This is well worth the time it takes to watch. Decriminalisation would be a logical first step in letting reality into issue and banishing the decades old propaganda that enriches the government and their agents.

[video=youtube;1JDfzzit5f4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JDfzzit5f4&feature=share&list=UU0uVZd8N7F fIZnPu0y7o95A[/video]

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    At one time, Reefer Madness was portrayed as "science", as well as Cocaine Fiends, and I'm sure there were more.

Most drugs today are illegal for political reasons more than for societal bliss.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am having a hard time with this. Those I know personally who have used meth pretty much do what the brochure says, including irrational behavior. I will, however, stand by the notion that if people want to engage in self-destructive behavior, that is not the business of the government, especially at the federal level.

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    The controlled substances act, in addition to being an unconstitutional grab for power, is based on utter lies with no direct ties to reality. Heroin, being 1.5x stronger than morphine, has no acceptable medical uses (despite its extensive use in british hospitals), while fentanyl, being 100x stronger than morphine, does? Marijuana, LSD, and Magic Mushrooms (which have never been implicated in a single overdose death in human history) are declared to be unsafe to use even under medical supervision, while benzodiazepines that kill thousands of people a year are in the least restricted category?

The war on drugs is one of America's biggest abominations since Jim Crow. Tear it down and throw those behind it in prison.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    At one time, Reefer Madness was portrayed as "science", as well as Cocaine Fiends, and I'm sure there were more.

Reefer Madness was a propaganda film, originally put together by a church group. That puts it about as far from science as can be. Cocaine Fiends was also a propaganda film.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I am talking about people who had completely different behavior when not under the influence.
    Same can be said for many, if not most intoxicating substances, from alcohol and pot to coke and caffeine. People take them to change the moment and often their behaviour changes as well. I'd rather be around most of the people I've known who used drugs than drunks. The time has come to drop the propaganda, decriminalise drugs ( as a first step ) and then have a serious adult conversation, using science and reality.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Too many people addicted to drama and feelings to get them to use science and reality.

The only reality most want is on TV.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Same can be said for many, if not most intoxicating substances, from alcohol and pot to coke and caffeine. People take them to change the moment and often their behaviour changes as well. I'd rather be around most of the people I've known who used drugs than drunks. The time has come to drop the propaganda, decriminalise drugs ( as a first step ) and then have a serious adult conversation, using science and reality.

True enough about the alcohol. I would speculate that had it been discovered within the last 100-150 years it would be in the same basket with the other inebriating substances (prohibition notwithstanding). I am left finding it impossible to believe that drugs are not harmful. I am also left to believe that government imposing someone else's ideas of right and proper is far more destructive than any effects of drugs, and, once again, the choices people make for themselves are their own business.

Top Bottom