• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Hate to say it, but the moment the domestic broke out next to you, it was your duty to get that truck out of there, not be a hero. When I was trained, the truck is priority. No matter what happens, you get the truck out of harms way and call the cops later. Domestic breaking out could very well be a great distraction to get your attention away from anyone coming up behind you with weapons. Something like that happens, you gotta go. Thats the kind of thing my partner did before I got him, he was in the truck and his partner got involved in a domestic, next thing you know their being pulled to the ground at gun point and the truck is leaving without them in it.

Thanks for quarterbacking after the fact but the only thing I said was "Do I need to call the Police?" If that qualifies as being a hero then I guess I'm guilty. It was a three man crew involved in training and my partner was out standing back to back with me in a ready position.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Am I the only one that finds it odd that an armored truck is gassing up in a public place?

vtxrecruiter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    West Indy
    If something hinky goes down anyplace, anytime, the outcome could be bad for you and yours and your vehicle.

So what does this mean?? You are going to go cyclic on someone because you THINK there might be something MAYBE "hinky". You sir just helped reinforce all that is wrong and conceived about "Mall Ninjas" and "Paul Blarts" the world over. You must be a true bada**, but if someone really wanted that money, your Glock and Second Chance Level IIA will do you about as much good as a super soaker and a thong. Troops in a Combat Theater of Operations have more restraint than that, let alone a rent-a-cop. Sad, just sad.....
    Actually the way you describe your "experience" gives that tone that scares me about some Mall Ninjas. You are NOT a LEO. Mind your business, call a LEO, and move on.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    So what does this mean?? You are going to go cyclic on someone because you THINK there might be something MAYBE "hinky". You sir just helped reinforce all that is wrong and conceived about "Mall Ninjas" and "Paul Blarts" the world over. You must be a true bada**, but if someone really wanted that money, your Glock and Second Chance Level IIA will do you about as much good as a super soaker and a thong. Troops in a Combat Theater of Operations have more restraint than that, let alone a rent-a-cop. Sad, just sad.....
    Actually the way you describe your "experience" gives that tone that scares me about some Mall Ninjas. You are NOT a LEO. Mind your business, call a LEO, and move on.

What a tool!

Doncha just love keyboard experts?

My statement you pulled out, and got a little woody by piecemeal dissecting it , was colored by your ignorance or misunderstanding of the industry.

Anyone at risk around one of these trucks is in such because of the very real collateral damage that could occur if something goes down. Your vehicle is at risk because I have 1/2 inch steel bumpers attached straight to the frame and operations directives give me permission to use them to escape a situation.

I gotcher "Mall Ninja" hanging right here.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

:rolleyes: Do we have negative rep back yet?

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    What a tool!

Doncha just love keyboard experts?

My statement you pulled out, and got a little woody by piecemeal dissecting it , was colored by your ignorance or misunderstanding of the industry.

Anyone at risk around one of these trucks is in such because of the very real collateral damage that could occur if something goes down. Your vehicle is at risk because I have 1/2 inch steel bumpers attached straight to the frame and operations directives give me permission to use them to escape a situation.

I gotcher "Mall Ninja" hanging right here.

I think your critics are thinking you are pretty much ready to shoot anyone who gets too close to your truck. Judging by your tone in a few of your posts, I sort of got that vibe myself. I just hope that isn't the case.

Regarding justifiable deadly force, I think the same rules apply to everyone: LEOs, armored truck drivers, and fast food workers.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I think your critics are thinking you are pretty much ready to shoot anyone who gets too close to your truck. Judging by your tone in a few of your posts, I sort of got that vibe myself. I just hope that isn't the case.

Regarding justifiable deadly force, I think the same rules apply to everyone: LEOs, armored truck drivers, and fast food workers.

In the same respect, my "tone" could be attributable to having to address stupid suppositions forwarded by members who:

#1..Haven't read the whole thread.

#2.. They can't resist their inbred desire to impart Butt Hurt on another member by broadcasting their intense need to bolster their low self esteem.

#3.. They are jealous because they are fully aware they don't have the Cajones to do my job.

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    In the same respect, my "tone" could be attributable to having to address stupid suppositions forwarded by members who:

#2.. They can't resist their inbred desire to impart Butt Hurt on another member by broadcasting their intense need to bolster their low self esteem.

#3.. They are jealous because they are fully aware they don't have the Cajones to do my job.

Ego much?

I was just saying that no property, including a truck full of money, is worth taking someone's life.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Ego much?

I was just saying that no property, including a truck full of money, is worth taking someone's life.

Uh, the guns are not present to protect the truck, they are there #1 as a deterrent. #2 to allow survival against Dark Forces. You want the truck bad enough and convince me that is the best course of action, you can have it. Company policy, it's called insurance.

Some of ya'll really have no grasp on this industry do you?

You speak of ego as if it's a bad thing. Who do you think is going to survive in this field, someone with few life experiences that contribute to high self esteem and high self confidence?

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You apparently don't understand that they are above the law. Just like speeding to get to a restaurant to eat lunch is okay if you are a Sheriff Deputy. Same goes for speeding behind traffic to try catching speeders from behind or turning your lights on to run red-lights for no reason other than you don't want to stop for it.

Cat-says-gtfo-cats-27432783-425-332.jpg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I was fueling a company vehicle down in Beaver Dam about noon and a domestic situation breaks out just on the other side of my pump. I witness a young lady diving into "toothless wonders" truck window and pummeling his face with her fist.

I yell "Should I call the police?" They both start yelling at me YES and each commences to testify to me all of the wrongs each have done to each other.

"Toothless Wonder" takes my suggestion to drive off to only park his truck and come walking towards me and I suddenly realize he is in some sort of altered state of mind.

Now mind you, I'm in uniform with my G17 on one hip and three extra mags on the other in a business where you DO NOT approach my truck.

My partner jumps out in a half draw and I have my hand on my Glock and the fool keeps coming !! Luckily his partner is eyeing both side arms and drags the idiot away.

Lesson learned.... Do not get involved in domestics! My admiration for LEO just went up big time !

Now just times that by 5 and that is a typical day for me.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Thats assuming an awful lot.. Your assuming he is even going to touch you...What if hes just coming up to run his mouth...you cant justify shooting someone from them just approaching you...
    On the other note.. Yeah if he was an armored car driver or something.. But not security....still wouldnt be justified from someone "JUST" approaching you...
    On the issue of making assumptions, I recommend a review of your original post in this string and consider where you might be guilty of the same.

I have, and I think you do come across as a bit of egotistical smartass. And that's before you had to address "stupid suppositions."

Would that be found on the same gene that controls inhibition in making wild and insulting accusations about others on the internet?

OMG, so you've got balls the size of cannon shot. Aside from making it difficult to walk, what does that do for you?

The sad truth is that you aren't nearly the man you think you are if you feel the need to advertise it.

Ego much?

I agre with your take on the OP's attitude, but in this case, I disagree with the hierarchy of value. OP is charged with protecting property pretty much at any cost. Given that the need to do so only arises when the use of force is applied against him, he would be well within his rights--legally and morally--to do what was necessary to fulfill those duties. Stupid is as stupid does, and stupid is also sometimes lethal. People who can't figure out consequences prior to the execution of certain behaviors are the reason we have Darwin Awards.

But what do I know. I think it's perfectly okay to whack a kid for trying to steal my pack of gum. I might not be the best one to consult for these kinds of things.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    All the "Armored Truck Only" fueling stations were closed that day . Geez !

Lots of businesses with fleets have their own private gas pumps/tanks. I would think that it would be a BASIC security measure not to have the trucks stopping unnecessarily.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I have, and I think you do come across as a bit of egotistical smartass.

Takes one to know one! LOL !!

, so you've got balls the size of cannon shot. Aside from making it difficult to walk, what does that do for you?

Coming from the gender that doesn't have any....quite a comment indeed !

The sad truth is that you aren't nearly the man you think you are if you feel the need to advertise it.

Wasn't tasked to respond until the mouth breathers decided to chime in.

OP is charged with protecting property pretty much at any cost. Given that the need to do so only arises when the use of force is applied against him, he would be well within his rights--legally and morally--to do what was necessary to fulfill those duties. Stupid is as stupid does, and stupid is also sometimes lethal. People who can't figure out consequences prior to the execution of certain behaviors are the reason we have Darwin Awards.

Quite a swing from reading me my pedigree to supporting my actions. I'm confused but women have always had that effect on me. Oh yeah, a question..... "Toothless Wonder" is walking a Darwinian tight rope or I am? Again, that gender induced confusion thingy going on.

I might not be the best one to consult for these kinds of things.

Yer most profound thought yet, thanks for playing !

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Lots of businesses with fleets have their own private gas pumps/tanks. I would think that it would be a BASIC security measure not to have the trucks stopping unnecessarily.

Nothing BASIC applies when you travel rural OTR and clock 3 -> 4 hundred miles a day. You did read I was in Beaver Dam, right?

Top Bottom