• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Am I the only one who thinks this post is full of fail?!? Despite what the title says, NO ONE is loosing their guns. They just can't get them fixed, give them away or sell shotguns with more than 7 rounds. So i't's NOT every shotgun, like the post implies. AND it's a hunting rifle, not a self-defense gun. How many times have i heard that the 2A is NOT about hunting???

There is a TON of horrendous legislation being proposed that infringes upon our 2A rights. Let's worry about the REAL threats!
    How is this bill any less threatening? If it passes as is you couldn't even hand those shotguns to your son or daughter.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Am I the only one who thinks this post is full of fail?!? Despite what the title says, NO ONE is loosing their guns. They just can't get them fixed, give them away or sell shotguns with more than 7 rounds. So i't's NOT every shotgun, like the post implies. AND it's a hunting rifle, not a self-defense gun. How many times have i heard that the 2A is NOT about hunting???

There is a TON of horrendous legislation being proposed that infringes upon our 2A rights. Let's worry about the REAL threats!

I find your postbit user title ironic in light of posts like this.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'm so ready for this crap to be over. For so many reasons...the new wave of INGO trolls leaving not being the least among them (no reference to anyone in particular). Market price coming back down to "the good ol' days" of 6 months ago won't be all that bad either.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    I'm so ready for this crap to be over. For so many reasons...the new wave of INGO trolls leaving not being the least among them (no reference to anyone in particular). Market price coming back down to "the good ol' days" of 6 months ago won't be all that bad either.
    Amen.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I find your postbit user title ironic in light of posts like this.

Did you bother to read the article? No guns are being taken. None. i'm not talking about acceptable losses. I understand there are none. All I'm saying is we need to get our facts straight or we are no better than them.

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How is this bill any less threatening? If it passes as is you couldn't even hand those shotguns to your son or daughter.

And if one were to pick up a [STRIKE]high[/STRIKE] standard capacity magazine at a range that the guy next to you dropped, you're both in trouble.

And for the last time, if you have a gun and want to keep it, never, ever vote democrat.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Did you bother to read the article? No guns are being taken. None. i'm not talking about acceptable losses. I understand there are none. All I'm saying is we need to get our facts straight or we are no better than them.

Someone who claims "molan labe" in their postbit should understand that we cannot afford to pick and choose which anti-gun legislation to oppose. Whe should oppose ALL of it. This latest bill is as much an infringement as the one that says "turn in all your guns or else". The bill will have the same effect as the Hughes Amendment in that it will permanently fix the supply of shotguns in Colorado. In 20 years, there will be no legal shotguns there whatsoever. Please explain how that is somehow not "taking (their) guns"?

And yes, I read the article. I also read the bill and it is an infringement.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Someone who claims "molan labe" in their postbit should understand that we cannot afford to pick and choose which anti-gun legislation to oppose. Whe should oppose ALL of it. This latest bill is as much an infringement as the one that says "turn in all your guns or else". The bill will have the same effect as the Hughes Amendment in that it will permanently fix the supply of shotguns in Colorado. In 20 years, there will be no legal shotguns there whatsoever. Please explain how that is somehow not "taking (their) guns"?

And yes, I read the article. I also read the bill and it is an infringement.
    So every shotgun in Colorado holds more than 8 rounds?!? If so, I guess the sky really is falling.

Do I equate an over 8 round mag ban with "taking guns"? No. Is either acceptable? Again, no.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So every shotgun in Colorado holds more than 8 rounds?!? .

According to both the article, the recently passed magazine ban and this new proposed legislation, yes. If it can be "readily converted" through the addition of a "magazine extension", then it becomes a prohibited firearm, whether it actually has an extension installed or not.

Again, my question is not about this specific bill, but why you seem to be trying to steer people's attention away from it and onto "REAL threats!". I consider ALL anti-gun legislation to be a real threat and I have plenty of focus to write letters regarding all of it.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    According to both the article, the recently passed magazine ban and this new proposed legislation, yes. If it can be "readily converted" through the addition of a "magazine extension", then it becomes a prohibited firearm, whether it actually has an extension installed or not.

Again, my question is not about this specific bill, but why you seem to be trying to steer people's attention away from it and onto "REAL threats!". I consider ALL anti-gun legislation to be a real threat and I have plenty of focus to write letters regarding all of it.

:+1:

Not one more single inch.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    So every shotgun in Colorado holds more than 8 rounds?!? If so, I guess the sky really is falling.

Do I equate an over 8 round mag ban with "taking guns"? No. Is either acceptable? Again, no.

No, now it doesn't include those under 8 rounds NOW, but as a lot of INGO members have espoused, those current Colorado legislatures have several more years in power to reak havoc on their citizens rights to own guns.

Last edited:

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville

I'm not trying to steer anyone's attention anywhere. I simply asked if anyone else felt the OP's title and post was misleading. Apparently you do not. No doubt there are others that don't feel that way as well. I knew my post would likely be unpopular. You are entitled to your beliefs. As am I.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Colorado is the overflow from California. Just a bunch of pansie ass, hippie, liberals that want to smoke pot and ban guns. Can we ban them and push them into the Pacific?

Top Bottom