• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    So, Anyone with an i-phone download and install the next OS yet? I did today. Lost all my homemade ringtones. Called apple today and they said, "yep, you hosed. we decided to disallow any ringtone not bought from us." Doesn't matter that I bought the phone. That I bought the music I want to make into a ringtone. No... heaven forbid apple should lose out on me buying music from them that I already own since I can only buy a ringtone from them made out of a song I bought from them. No they don't want to miss out on that! Well, I am getting ready to take a 7.52x54 to this #$&^* i phone and buy an android thereby negating any further purchase ever to apple. How you like them apples, uh...apple?

grrr rant. :xmad:

I promised apple that I would tell everyone I know to buy from elsewhere. consider this my start in upholding that promise.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Jailbreak it, and get all their apps on the down low.

Apple are control freaks and block all sorts of good features. By jailbreaking you get those back.

Or you can restore to a previous version thru iTunes ;)

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    +1 Noland and repped. It worked. Amazingingly simple fix. I can't understand how the apple techs wouldn't know about this. OR they just didn't want to tell me. At any rate TYVM. Now when my wife calls I have the BeeGees groovin on More than a Woman again. :)

Still not gonna buy an apple again. grrr.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I never understood the point of having fancy ringtones. The ones that come on the phone work just fine for me.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    So, Anyone with an i-phone download and install the next OS yet? I did today. Lost all my homemade ringtones. Called apple today and they said, "yep, you hosed. we decided to disallow any ringtone not bought from us." Doesn't matter that I bought the phone. That I bought the music I want to make into a ringtone. No... heaven forbid apple should lose out on me buying music from them that I already own since I can only buy a ringtone from them made out of a song I bought from them. No they don't want to miss out on that! Well, I am getting ready to take a 7.52x54 to this #$&^* i phone and buy an android thereby negating any further purchase ever to apple. How you like them apples, uh...apple?

I promised apple that I would tell everyone I know to buy from elsewhere. consider this my start in upholding that promise.

I'll trade you some more 7.62x54 for your iPhone. Mine just broke.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY

Don't even get me started.
    This is why I don't buy Apple products. You do it the Apple way our you don't do it at all. (Ya I know there are ways around it but still.)
    I can't understand buying a products that you can't even change the battery in. This is just nuts.
    I gotta stop or I'll keep going.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Don't even get me started.
    This is why I don't buy Apple products. You do it the Apple way our you don't do it at all. (Ya I know there are ways around it but still.)
    I can't understand buying a products that you can't even change the battery in. This is just nuts.
    I gotta stop or I'll keep going.

How do you feel about flash?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I never understood the point of having fancy ringtones. The ones that come on the phone work just fine for me.

Personal preferences.

Personally I wouldn't waste money on a special ringtone, never have never will.

I have used the free program my HTCs came with to make some ringtones over the years. A good example was during a Christmas holiday I made some festive ringtones for my phone as I was home and the kids got a kick out of it.

One of my phones I had to create a decent ring for once because all the crap preloaded on it was weird beeps and whoops. Not a single 'normal' ring on it. I was to say that was the LG a few years back.

Apple sucks for that reason. The new Android systems kick the crap out of apple as far as I'm concerned. Running the gingerbread on a Galaxy 2 4g beats the iphone on all speed and memory tests, not to mention you can swap batteries and memory cards.

I rate apple right there with windows at this point....

It would be great it Android would make a OS for laptops and desktops :rockwoot:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What I find pretty amazing is that people will boycott a product line because, DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT IS KNOWN TO BE PROPRIETARY, they get upset when non-proprietary software gets erased . . . but many folks here who claim to be 2nd Amendment supporters have no problem giving their money to known businesses that are hostile to honest gun owners (like eating at Buffalo Wild Wings while concealed carrying past their "no guns" signs).

* I am not saying the OP is one of those, but rather that many here seem to be very hypocritical about many things.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Easy to make ringtones from anything right there in iTunes, for free. Even scripts for it, if you're on a Mac.

Personal preferences.

Personally I wouldn't waste money on a special ringtone, never have never will.

I have used the free program my HTCs came with to make some ringtones over the years. A good example was during a Christmas holiday I made some festive ringtones for my phone as I was home and the kids got a kick out of it.

One of my phones I had to create a decent ring for once because all the crap preloaded on it was weird beeps and whoops. Not a single 'normal' ring on it. I was to say that was the LG a few years back.

Apple sucks for that reason. The new Android systems kick the crap out of apple as far as I'm concerned. Running the gingerbread on a Galaxy 2 4g beats the iphone on all speed and memory tests, not to mention you can swap batteries and memory cards.

I rate apple right there with windows at this point....

It would be great it Android would make a OS for laptops and desktops :rockwoot:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    So, Anyone with an i-phone download and install the next OS yet? I did today. Lost all my homemade ringtones. Called apple today and they said, "yep, you hosed. we decided to disallow any ringtone not bought

I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 5 and my custom ringtones I made did not get deleted.

You can tell all your friends not to by Apple. Apple doesn't care, they will still sell 1 million phones in the first 24hrs.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    What I find pretty amazing is that people will boycott a product line because, DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT IS KNOWN TO BE PROPRIETARY, they get upset when non-proprietary software gets erased . . . but many folks here who claim to be 2nd Amendment supporters have no problem giving their money to known businesses that are hostile to honest gun owners (like eating at Buffalo Wild Wings while concealed carrying past their "no guns" signs).

* I am not saying the OP is one of those, but rather that many here seem to be very hypocritical about many things.
    That is the Pot calling the Kettle Black...:popcorn:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom