• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Maybe the only way to get around these delivery problems is to go pick up the order at seller's place of business yourself.

Yeah that's one way, and if I had a couple of days off I might have done that...but it's being shipped from about 650 miles away...so not really handy to go get it myself.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    UPS tracking now shows my packages are in transit....that's good to know. I hope that means they actually have them but I won't hold my breath. They've done this to me before....showing in transit, but not actually having the packages.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Here's a beaut...my wife is expecting an important package shipped to her via USPS Priority Mail. So when I get home I see the mail man pull up to our mailbox, which is about 40 feet from our front door. He stuffs the mail in the box, and I see him write something down and put it in the mailbox and drive off. I tell my wife the mail man just came and she runs out to the box looking for her package. Instead what she finds is a little pink form that says they attempted delivery but we didn't answer the door. She needs to go to the PO tomorrow and sign for it. The lazy bastich never got out of his vehicle, and never once tried to deliver the package. So she calls the post office....perpetual busy signal for over an hour...she's pissed and gets in the car and drives to the post office, files a complaint, and finds out the driver isn't back from his route yet, they tell her to come back in another hour. So she goes back, gets her package, and the lying sack of crap stands there and lies to her face about coming to the door and not getting an answer.

The USPS must be taking lessons from the UPS.

Must be the letters, U, P, and S.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    For USPS issues, file a complaint about them with your Federal Rep.

Gets the postmaster's attention really quick, and problem will be solved.

I rarely have had any issue's with UPS. We get stuff from them here at home at my biz's several times per week.

The rare times, we've had problems was related to weather or the shipper not doing their job.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    For USPS issues, file a complaint about them with your Federal Rep.

Gets the postmaster's attention really quick, and problem will be solved.

I rarely have had any issue's with UPS. We get stuff from them here at home at my biz's several times per week.

The rare times, we've had problems was related to weather or the shipper not doing their job.

The guy should have told my wife he was sorry for lying. She filed a written complaint with the Postmaster, and someone else at the main branch in Indy. Apparently this isn't his first BBQ.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    So, has UPS updated the tracker yet or has the package actually been delivered by now?

As I stated a few messages back...UPS has finally updated the tracking info...it says "In Transit"...based on past experiences with UPS, that doesn't really mean anything. I've had items show "in transit" before, and UPS had no idea where they were. Delivery is supposed to be tomorrow. We'll see.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I file complaints with USPS online at least once a week. I do it each time I get someone else's mail, find mine in the ditch or get it really late (like after the due date for a bill). This is the response I got yesterday in reply to my message the day before about getting two items of mail in my box that should have gone to two other households. I had no mail of my own that day.

"I regret learning of the inconvenience you have experienced.

I spoke to Michelle at the delivery office and they are aware of the problems your having with your mail delivery. They are monitoring the situation.

Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you."

I wrote on the envelopes that were delivered to me so that when the neighbors finally do get their mail, they will know it came here first. Maybe they will be unhappy to know that heir bank statement and credit card bill were given to someone else first and they will also file a complaint.

We had a fed ex delivery scheduled for this morning. I checked the tracking and it said the item was damaged in transit and was being sent back to the shipper. It is rescheduled to be delivered tomorrow so I assume they have already contacted the shipper and have a replacement on the way. We just ordered it yesterday and did not expect overnight shipping so it works for me. At least the tracking tells me what is going on and where it is.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Update: UPS tracking website says, my packages are in transit, and on time to be delivered today.

I have to sign for them because they are insured over a certain dollar amount. So I called UPS to see if they could estimate a time of delivery. They can't. The lady says "We show them on a truck" ... I said "Call the driver and see where he is, I'll meet him"....that is not possible.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    It really does vary by individual and location I think. Here, USPS is the worst by far. They have pulled the attempted delivery trick multiple times and constantly give mail to the wrong addresses. Sometimes on a different road even.

FedEx here is the next worst, lazy driver who is careless and clueless. Has broken almost 30% of the few things I have shipped from them, and they never ring or knock and just leave packages on the porch for anyone to steal. I have had to get things sent to me a second time more than once for that. USPS does this as well.

Then there is UPS. This driver always drops off to the rear door like I have asked, always inside the fence unless the dogs are out, has never dropped or broken a package, and has even came by work to give me a package once or twice if he knew it was something really expensive or dangerous or a car part. They (or him, at least) is hand's down the best option here.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    To get any action, you must file the complaint's about USPS with your rep in Washington. Typically filing with the post master is a waste of time, as there in lies the problem.

Filing online doesn't go anywhere either.

I had the mail to the wrong address issue's, as well as stuff practically destroyed when delivered. I talked to the post master twice about it. Nothing changed in about a month. Filed a complaint with my Fed Rep. Next day, the Postmaster called me all stuttering and stammering.

Never had the problem again.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    To get any action, you must file the complaint's about USPS with your rep in Washington. Typically filing with the post master is a waste of time, as there in lies the problem.

Filing online doesn't go anywhere either.

I had the mail to the wrong address issue's, as well as stuff practically destroyed when delivered. I talked to the post master twice about it. Nothing changed in about a month. Filed a complaint with my Fed Rep. Next day, the Postmaster called me all stuttering and stammering.

Never had the problem again.

How do you find out who your federal rep is?

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    after 10 years of having packages shipped to me/from me, i can say that i will NEVER use USPS ever again. they have screwed up and caused me mroe headaches than anyone else by far. fedex is a distant second, but UPS has never let me down. i had one item lost in transit, the claims process was painless and quick.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Shipment of two boxes arrived yesterday as promised. One box was pretty beat up, but contents were fine. The other was insured for $1000 so it was in pretty nice shape and all working. Probably my first almost perfect UPS delivery.

Brazilbilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Clay county
    I have always had good luck with UPS & USPS. But Fedex in my area sucks! Their drivers couldn't find my house if it bit them on the butt. Fedex has delivered my packages to the wrong address several times. I absolutely hate dealing with them.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    USPS lost a package of gun parts I ordered recently. Tracking said they were delivered to my address. No mail was delivered on the day of the supposed delivery. No package. I start doing investigating and the package isn't sitting at the post office waiting to be delivered and the driver doesn't know what happened to it. It just disappeared even after being scanned as "delivered". We've never had a problem with mail theft and none of the neighbors have it. Luckily Numerich is sending replacements, but through UPS this time.

Top Bottom