• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Picked up a used RIA 1911 Tactical Compact today @ Plainfield Shooting Supply. Needs a good cleaning. Has the Hogue wrap around grips which I am not excited about, but they will do until I find some wood. Hope to get to range with it in a day or two.

Anyone have experience with this RIA? (I had an RIA full size that I kick myself for selling. Wish I had it back. Regrets are tough to chew sometimes.)

Anyone carry one? IWB holster recommendations?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Has the Hogue wrap around grips which I am not excited about, but they will do until I find some wood.
    That sucks. You should be excited about everything with your new gun.

I'll help you out with one condition.
    When you see somebody that can use your help, you do it. Pay it forward.

PM me your shipping addy and these are yours for your new-to-you Rock.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the new Compact. My first Compact 1911 was an RIA and it's been a great gun for me. It's done everything I've asked it to do and has held it's own with my other 1911s. One thing I did was to step up to a bit heavier spring and I carry with Wilson Combat mags in all of my 1911s. That RIA works very well for me in that condition.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    WOW!! Thanks, JetGirl.

Has anyone thought of starting a "pay it forward" thread on here? (Or have I missed it?) I know the have one on The Highroad forum.

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Just a word of advise, from experience....don't ever sell your guns. Inevitably you will regret selling. Over the years I've bought and sold A HK P7 M10 ( 1 of the last 12 to come to the US, marked with Italian PD stamp), Browning Hi-Power, S&W md 66-4 stainless. If only I had those today!!!

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Just a word of advise, from experience....don't ever sell your guns. Inevitably you will regret selling. Over the years I've bought and sold A HK P7 M10 ( 1 of the last 12 to come to the US, marked with Italian PD stamp), Browning Hi-Power, S&W md 66-4 stainless. If only I had those today!!!

Wish I had my first S&W Mod.29 back! Stupid move selling it! :facepalm:

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I regret selling only one, Rossi 44mag trapper rifle. GREAT lil rifle.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    First, I do not plan on ever selling another of my guns again, unless it is just a total piece of doggy dodo. I have 2 son-in-laws that I can will them to.

Took the RIA Compact, along with a RO, Shield & 92FS, to Beech Grove Firearms range (I am visiting family in Indy & came prepared). The little lady functioned flawlessly. Only put ~40 rds thru it, all reloads, actually only my 2nd batch since starting. Looking forward to the new wood. Grip just didn't feel comfortable with the Hogues. Personal preference. Looking forward to practicing more with this gun. I am liking the 1911 platform more and more, including the compact.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Congrates on the new to you 1911.
    +1 to the monkey. Way to go......:woot:

I just completed a rebuild on a base model RIA for a friend. All that is left of the original gun is the frame/slide. I tightened the rail/slide up and filled it with the spare parts I had lying around from some Springfield upgrades. It runs pretty nice now.

OP...Hope you get many hours of enjoyment from your new to you gun.....:yesway:

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    JetGirl is one nice person. Here are the grips she sent me on my "new-2-me" RIA Compact.

Thanks, JetGirl!!!

maxawl.jpg

zt6qso.jpg

Top Bottom