• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    I too bought a P22 in the spring at a gun show. I love shooting that thing, so does the lady friend and family. Looking to build a sweet 10/22 in the near future, or maybe an upgraded 597 though I hear aftermarket for the 597 isn't that great.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Here is a better picture of the 58 Marlin 39A Golden Mountie I picked up. I have yet to get it to the range due to work and family but hope to soon. These are very solid rifles and from what I understand, very accurate. I guess Annie Oakley used a 39 in her act. Better yet, it is also a break down rifle.

39amountieeq1.jpg

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    22s are the basic where just about everybody learned to shoot from our fathers aren't they? The 22 is a blast to shoot and is still relatively cheap which comes in handy for our group here at Johnson County 4H Shooting Sports. Our members will go through 3000 rounds a day easy and believe it or not most of these are shot by our female members!
    Picked up a Sig Mosquito at a Friends of NRA banquet last year and have been known to carry it at times,easy to hide and very light weight.
    Already have several 22s in the cabinet for the Grand younguns one is 2 1/2 and the other is 3 1/2 and his sister is 6, their mothers dont like it very much but OH WELL!

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have been teaching my oldest to shot some this year and the younger ones are anxious to learn also. It is a Grandfather's job to pass this heritage along to the grandchildren.

Kids Shooting 22s at cans and targets is as American as Apple Pie.

Top Bottom