New 4-Legged Family Member.... And he has a firearm related name!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Everybody - Meet Remington!! (aka Remi)

Sorry for the blurry pic.. He was owner surrendered tonight due to a new baby in the house..

At his weight he is technically an Olde English Bulldog (82 lbs) and turns two years old on January 31st.

I previously owned an English Bulldog that lived to be 14.. I have spent the last couple of years missing the love of a smooshy face :)

537302_10151277207587605_1940610460_n_zps95d16c04.jpg

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    i actually feel bad for the baby. Think about it, the dog was purchased 2 years ago which means the owner never gave a 2nd thought to the possibility of getting pregnant and having a kid...... which is a good indicator that they might not be the best suited for parenting... What happens now when something else in their life happens/ Give up the kid?

Not trying to post dump or rain on your parade TDC , just got to thinking with my skewed mind on society.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    i actually feel bad for the baby. Think about it, the dog was purchased 2 years ago which means the owner never gave a 2nd thought to the possibility of getting pregnant and having a kid...... which is a good indicator that they might not be the best suited for parenting... What happens now when something else in their life happens/ Give up the kid?

Not trying to post dump or rain on your parade TDC , just got to thinking with my skewed mind on society.

How do you know the owner never gave a second thought to having a kid?

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    You get a dog, a life long commitment, such as this and then have a baby and realize you cant have both? Come on now, whether it be a safety issue or economic it was not a well thought out plan.

I also don't feel bad for people that bought Hummers and then gas prices went through the roof etc.......

People need to think.

And like I said in my post, maybe it's my outlook on society that made me think this way. In my line of work skepticism always factors in.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis

It is kind of sad the the previous owners gave up their dog but I'm not sure I would say they didn't think about the possibility of having children. Maybe this dog is one that's ok with bigger kids and adults but aggressive toward smaller ones. In many cases the owner doesn't have any idea of that until the situation arises. My dog is now 9 and when I had my youngest son I was unsure of how the dog would react to him. We monitored him very closely for months. Fortunately for us he's fine with all ages, but not every dog is that way. I don't see how the unknown is the fault of the previous owner.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Sounds to me that Remington just traded up...way up!! Congrats on the new family member, and here's hoping he lives a long happy life with you Td!

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I agree with the lines of thinking that a pet should be a life long commitment, but we truly don't know much about the situation. And anyway let's not get all Debbie Downer here...this is a happy occasion, this fellow has a new family and a great new owner who clearly has a big heart!

:+1:

Top Bottom