Not open for further replies.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    Welcome from Hamilton County!! Just browse and participate in the forums and you will get to 50 in no time. The fastest way to get to 50 posts is become a site supporter, it cost $20 and they automatically give you 50 posts.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I'm glad to hear that you are getting back into something that you enjoy. Are you strictly a revolver guy or do you enjoy other type of guns too?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm glad to hear that you are getting back into something that you enjoy. Are you strictly a revolver guy or do you enjoy other type of guns too?

It's been decades, but normally just 22s for target shooting: pistols and rifles.
    I had a Remington 19 shot that I loved, wish I still had it.
    I've been wanting a revolver for the home forever just never bothered with it.
    I've had the Ruger Mark 1 in my day, and all my other 22s were revolvers.
    I did have some small 22s and 25s for fun: a Beretta I wish I would have kept.
    I have a Colt Mustang I used for a personal carry, but haven't carried since I moved to a better location and don't go downtown in the pm 20 yrs. ago.
    I bought it standing in line to get into the gun show in Indy back in 1980 for $275 with box and 4 clips: glad I hung on to that one.
    Perfect small size for personal carry.
    I love SS anything.
    I probably will get a revolver for a 22 plinker.
    I saw a Mark 2 or 3 (don't remember) that looked good to me.
    I won't shoot much anymore so I don't mind getting a gun that's not pretty but serviceable.
    I'd love to buy something here but I'll never get around to 50 posts, and I didn't see where to click to donate $20, but i didn't look very hard, ha!

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I enjoy all type of firearms and learning about them more and more.
    If you find a conversation that interest you then go ahead an jump in, and soon you'll have your 50 and also make some friends and maybe learn something new too.
    Welcome to INGO!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I enjoy all type of firearms and learning about them more and more.
    If you find a conversation that interest you then go ahead an jump in, and soon you'll have your 50 and also make some friends and maybe learn something new too.
    Welcome to INGO!

I did the donation to circumvent the 50 posts and I immediately was able to respond to an ad about a 22 target pistol, but they wanted to see a carry license, which I haven't had for decades. I was surprised that for a little target pistol I would need a carry license, but I'm old and I know things are different now.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I did the donation to circumvent the 50 posts and I immediately was able to respond to an ad about a 22 target pistol, but they wanted to see a carry license, which I haven't had for decades. I was surprised that for a little target pistol I would need a carry license, but I'm old and I know things are different now.

:yesway: for becoming a site supporter. I see your post count is still in the single digits right now. Send a PM to Texkev (the owner) and he will adjust your post count to reflect your supporter status. More can be read on the same page you used to pay the SS fee, it's under 'paid subscriptions' in the UserCP.

It's not uncommon to run across members that want to see a LTCH & a DL when making sales. The DL assures them you are an Indiana resident and the LTCH gives them an idea that you are a proper person, or at least have been checked out in the past. Not all members do it, some do, some want an actual bill of sale.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    :yesway: for becoming a site supporter. I see your post count is still in the single digits right now. Send a PM to Texkev (the owner) and he will adjust your post count to reflect your supporter status. More can be read on the same page you used to pay the SS fee, it's under 'paid subscriptions' in the UserCP.

It's not uncommon to run across members that want to see a LTCH & a DL when making sales. The DL assures them you are an Indiana resident and the LTCH gives them an idea that you are a proper person, or at least have been checked out in the past. Not all members do it, some do, some want an actual bill of sale.

I did follow the direction to send Texkev a message.
    I had immediate access to the classifieds so no complaints at all.
    I understand the asking for the permit so as to be some "verification" of authenticity.
    That's why I have mentioned that I bought my SS .38 revolver up in Westfield last week, having the usual check done on me to buy on the spot.
    I am dealing with someone now over a Rossi 22 revolver 4 inch barrel that wanted to see a permit, but after giving a short profile I think they are OK with this 64 yr. old teacher, ha!
    I thought it was a SS, but it's not, maybe it's a nickel.
    They want $200, which is fair, (they paid $250) but I don't know whether to wait to get a 6 inch barrel for target shooting, maybe just buy a Heritage Rough Rider since I don't want too much invested.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom