• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Why what? Why am I waiting for the Saiga 9? Because it would be freaking awesome to have a 9mm AK but the gov won't let Izmash (now Kalasnikov, Inc.) import it. Why am I not a fan of Bullpups? I've never handled one that I actually like the ergos of.
    The second. Just wondering what you don't like about them.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ah, I just have never been blown away by the ergos of any bullpup I have handled. And most bullpup AKs I have had the chance to shoot were not what I would call quality. But they were WASR kit guns so problems are to be expected from them. These I'm sure will be much better but I doubt I will ever get the chance to handle one since like the Saiga 9 it will probably never get imported.

The only Bullpup I have any real interest in is the IWI Tavor.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    kawtech, I was the same way until I watched a video on the Tavor (I know it's not an AK), then I ordered one right after Sandy Hook, received it around the end of May.
    I love it, maybe you should ck. one out yourself, if you haven't already, it may change your mind on bullpups.

Tavor - Bullpups Part III - YouTube

I am very interested in checking out a Tavor. It seems like the first Bullpup that was actually designed to be held and shot by humans. But the price on them right now is what is keeping me away. Maybe after a year or so if the price drops to something more manageable I will get more serious about getting one. Every time one comes in at Bradis it is gone before I even get the chance to fondle it. I know they wont hold onto a rifle just so i can handle it so I will just have to keep watching until they get one in and see if I can at least get my mits on it before it goes out the door. That way i can decide if I really want to start saving for one or stick to AKs and ARs.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not financially feasible at this point in time. If I decide I want a Tavor I would have to sell at least two other guns just to cover the cost. And like I said I don't know if I really want one until I get the chance to get some touchy feely time.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I dont think importation will be hindered to much, at least I hope not.

If it were then where the heck are all these Vepr 12s coming from?

as for the bullpup..... Ill try anything once.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Ah, I just have never been blown away by the ergos of any bullpup I have handled. And most bullpup AKs I have had the chance to shoot were not what I would call quality. But they were WASR kit guns so problems are to be expected from them. These I'm sure will be much better but I doubt I will ever get the chance to handle one since like the Saiga 9 it will probably never get imported.

The only Bullpup I have any real interest in is the IWI Tavor.

Yea, the kit guns are definitely no go's. I was thinking Tavor/AUG/FS2000. I do like the feel of the Tavor, but being a lefty the FS2000 is the one that works best for me. Other than being a little fat, I like it.

migioto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Thats pretty interesting. The bullpup design is very inventive but so different than what the average American is used to. Never fired one but I would like to dabble. Has anyone heard of the kel tec RFB? I prefer the. 308 over 5.56 but thats just me.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Thats pretty interesting. The bullpup design is very inventive but so different than what the average American is used to. Never fired one but I would like to dabble. Has anyone heard of the kel tec RFB? I prefer the. 308 over 5.56 but thats just me.

I have handled the RFB, never shot one. 16in .308, it will be loud. I have a 16in Armalite AR-10 and that sucker is loud.

Top Bottom