• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It was a good show. I bought some Federal HST 9mm carry ammo box of 50 $26 otd. Good crowd and the place was full of sharks looking for things to flip. Rumors of a guy that spent 40 grand buying guns. He bought 7 from a buddy of mine. Not a huge show but about like the National Guard Armory shows. I'd say more like 100 tables and parking is good.
    I like your description of the sharks. A couple of them wanted to buy my shotgun combo to flip. I'd rather it go to someone who would like to own and shoot it. Somebody had a Beretta 92D that I might have bitten on, but it looked pretty well used (probably a police gun) and he wanted a new price ($500). At this point in my life, I'm trying to thin the herd, but I did have a pocket of cash...just in case.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    I like your description of the sharks. A couple of them wanted to buy my shotgun combo to flip. I'd rather it go to someone who would like to own and shoot it. Somebody had a Beretta 92D that I might have bitten on, but it looked pretty well used (probably a police gun) and he wanted a new price ($500). At this point in my life, I'm trying to thin the herd, but I did have a pocket of cash...just in case.

Mike, I told Jeff, the fellow that gave you the veteran hat, that you were grateful on INGO here. He said he was happy to do it.

Regarding "sharks", when I see someone carrying a firearm I might be interested in, I ask their price. Usually I will counter-offer, if it seems in price range. That's the nature of a gun show, whether the item has been carried in by an attendee, or is on a vendor's table.

I never give what I think is a ridiculous lowball offer, and luckily don't receive lowball offers too often.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Mike, I told Jeff, the fellow that gave you the veteran hat, that you were grateful on INGO here. He said he was happy to do it.

Regarding "sharks", when I see someone carrying a firearm I might be interested in, I ask their price. Usually I will counter-offer, if it seems in price range. That's the nature of a gun show, whether the item has been carried in by an attendee, or is on a vendor's table.

I never give what I think is a ridiculous lowball offer, and luckily don't receive lowball offers too often.
    I'm glad you told Jeff how much the cap was appreciated. I really don't mind flippers. I usually just say no. When I get an offer from a flipper that isn't too far off my asking price, I figure that my price is reasonable for an individual who might want the item for personal use.

doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    I've got no problems with aisle sharks. One offer is better than a thousand lookers and at least the flipper has made you a market and it's probably better than you would do at a lgs or pawn shop.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Ya gotta love the looky loos at gun shows that ask to see your wares and then say, "If it only had ______ or was _______, I'd buy it!:blahblah:

Top Bottom