• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • neil221211

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Anderson
    Picked up my stripped lower yesterday at Powder Monkey Gunz. Had to make appointmet to pick it up. Jeremy was easy to reach to setup appointment and very friendly. :ingo:

neil221211

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Anderson
    This will be my first build as well. I got a Spikes lower from Aim Surplus. I've been looking around for info for a coyote rifle. If anyone has any suggestions it's much appreciated.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Well...
    I like Geissele triggers. The ssa or ssa-e would be my choice, but they ain't cheap. A timney trigger is also nice.
    unless you want max range and accuracy, I'd put in a 16" barrel with a 1:8 or 1:7 twist do you can shoot the heavier bullets if you choose. Get a decent brand.
    I like a long handguard that oy leaves a couple inches of barrel at the muzzle end. Yankee Hill makes some nice ones. You don't need rail up and down the whole thing, get one you can add rail only where you want it.
    The Bravo company charging handles are nice. A little extra width is nice to have. PRI makes nicer ones but also more $$. BC ones are fine.
    Im a fan of the magpul acs stock.
    whether you get a scope for accuracy or a red dot for speed, I'd pick up some flip up irons as back up.
    Then there is the decision of compensator vs flash hider. If you are gonna shoot around others, get the flash hider. They will like you more.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Primary Arms has 10% off all triggers for a Columbus Day sale. They also have gen m3 pmags for $9.99 and the Magpul MOE grip for $15 iirc.

Last edited:

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Not sure what your budget is. PSA has Blem uppers on sale right now for cheap. Like stated you don't need a hand guard with tons of rails unless you want to load it with everything possible, and in that case the thing will weight a ton. I know I am planning to go with a lower powered optic and unlike most am not going to be running back up sights so I am thinking of going with a completely smooth hand guard. There are things that can be done to lower end triggers to make them feel and break nicer.

Top Bottom