• ...and so much more!
  • Marksman2019

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Northern IN
    Hello all.

I recently purchased a new S&W M&P 15 and I figured it would be a good idea to clean it prior to firing it for the first time. When I attempted to try and remove the take out pins I could not do so by hand as they were extremely tight. Should I fire a few hundred rounds through it first to try and break it in or rather try and use a punch with a light hammer to remove it? Any help is greatly appreciated!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    If need be, use something made of plastic to lightly tap them out, once out use some gun oil and lubricate them, work them in and out a few times with the upper removed.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I agree that should do it but if not, I suggest you might take some material off the pins, which are cheap and easy to replace vs. reaming out the holes in your rifle.

No reason at all to do this, just open them a few times with a punch or bullet tip and they will become smooth and easy to open.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Like others have said they'll loosen up pretty quickly. Every new ar I've ever had the pins were really tight at first but they always loosened up

Top Bottom