• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Is this just a chart of brands and prices?

Other than the extreme light weight of some, I don’t see any correlation to performance in the chart. My mid tier B Colt does just fine, my rounds go into the center ring just as well as any other AR platform.
    It has almost 3500 rounds through it, and has never failed a single shot.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Other than the extreme light weight of some, I don’t see any correlation to performance in the chart. My mid tier B Colt does just fine, my rounds go into the center ring just as well as any other AR platform.
    I think there must be some performance consideration as the tiers are not just based on price, although there is definitely some correlation obviously. There are some mid tier a that are more expensive than Gucci b.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I have to disagree. My early LEO 6920 Colt belongs in the Gucci A category.:pimp:
    OK, with the stock Magpul furniture it’s nothing special, but upgrade to a free float forearm, a trigger upgrade (although the large pin format is a pain in the ass) and it’s a nice little rifle, I have no complaints with mine for what I paid for it.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I’m definitely in the mid tier to poverty level. I have Aero and Anderson lower and uppers. I punched a .628 hole at a hundred with my Anderson about everything including the 20” Heavy barrel. I’m good with that at a 1/3 of the price. Now if I was running over my rifles with a tank or dropping them from a helicopter at 100 feet it might not fare so well for me. I also don’t plan to having to carry them in the mountains of Afghanistan either.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    That Gucci A list….. I’ve shot Knights and they were nice. LMT’s were nice as well and I ran a mag thru a HK MR556 and it’s nice but not wow nice just in my opinion. Radian…. Never shot one or even handled one. Are they that nice??

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne

I bought an HBAR in 1994. Probably a similar round count as yours. Runs great every time. Need to replace some parts someday maybe. Tune her up a bit.

macolesby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2022
    Terre Haute
    I still fall under the thought that for a range toy for the most part the receiver doesn't matter, however when it starts getting into full builds I do absolutely believe that having the right tool for the job is where it comes in. For fun builds that will never be anything more than range toys to play around with I have no problem using Andersons for my lowers. My competition build I'm using a little bit nicer receiver with better internals and an Aimpoint optic.

For most of the population who simply keeps their gun in a safe and only moves it out to either add another gun they'll never shoot or to show their buddies when they come over, Anderson is probably fine, For competition shooters yeah you probably want something better, and for a duty rifle you want the best you can get. Let's face it Delta Team isn't using Anderson's, and the average gun owner will likely not use/need the highest tier possible, and the casual shooter can honestly justify anything in between.

Top Bottom