• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Would like to get a new trigger for my ar for target shooting. Would like some advise on brand, single or two stage, and I don't wont to break the bank either.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    For target, I'd think you want a 2 stage. Only one I've tried is the RRA two stage trigger. Not adjustable, no frills, but not too pricey. If I remember correctly, wasn't much over $100

If you want single stage, I like the feel of the Spikes Tactical battle trigger. Huge improvement over the standard LPK triggers. They are about $60 at aimsurplus.com, when they have them in stock. Definitely worth the cost to upgrade.

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    I would say Train your finger to the mil spec trigger. Theres nothing worng with it and it wont break on you like I have seen "high grade" triggers do time and time again.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I have my eye on the Geissele Super Dynamic Three Gun, but at $245, may break your bank. These can be had in flat or curved style. I prefer the flat. Note: both videos below are purely semi auto fire.
    http://geissele.com/superdynamic3gun.aspx
    Stck_5536-1024-MT.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApSs3st0e-A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AnHsMVKw7o

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Two stage RRA. Plenty good enough. 100 bucks.

I use a Geiselle on one of my rifles and it is no better than the RRA triggers on my other rifles.

Triggers are kind of personal and are constantly evolving, but I have never found a single stage that I liked or stood up over time.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    One of two things.

1.) Two stage, Rock River National Match like others have said, but if you look on gunbroker you can find them for less than $80. Hopefully that saves you a couple bucks.

2.) JP trigger springs. They're $10 on Midway Trigger Spring Kit AR-15 3-1/2 lb Reduced Power and they'll make a mil spec trigger lighter without breaking the bank.

Those are the two cheapest ways to go that I know of to get a lighter trigger pull.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I have the Armalite National Match 2 stage trigger in mine. I don't have the RRA version to compare it to directly, but the online reviews essentially call them a dead heat. Just another choice if you happen to find it cheaper than the RRA version.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Just put a Geissele SSA in my M&P. I really like it. It was between that and the RRA, enough people that I trust preferred the Geissele, so I went with that and am perfectly happy.

beau.brandt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    I have a Jewell and LOVE it. It is a two stage adjustable and wasn't too pricey. I'm thinking $125 ish. Midway is selling it now for over $200 though.

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Thanks for all the help. Had a chance to pick up RRA a few months back, but didn't know enough about them. I think it was around 80.00. I'm going back and see if they still have it.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    I've got 2 of the RRA two stages that are untuned, one RRA that's been tuned by WOA and one JP single stage. For bench work, I prefer the JP single stage cuz it's really light (less than 1lb) and extremely crisp. However, to get it that light and crisp, I can't shoot it anywhere but a bench. It'll double and triple with a mag full of ammo. I can adjust it when I want it to not do that, so it depends on how you set it up. For 3gun stuff, any of the RRA two stage triggers will get the job done, it's just the WOA tuned trigger is a little crisper and lighter than the untuned ones.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Just put a Geissele SSA in my M&P. I really like it. It was between that and the RRA, enough people that I trust preferred the Geissele, so I went with that and am perfectly happy.

I did the same. I just built up my first AR-15, decided to get a good trigger. Palmetto had the smoking deal on the LPK with the Geissele SSA in it. I was leary of the SSA-E because it would be too light. After feeling the SSA, I don't think the SSA-E would have been too light, but I also think the SSA is perfectly fine for a combat gun. For a DMR set-up, go with the SSA-E (flat or curved should be fine). The Geissele is trusted by some of our nation's best. His warranty is bulletproof, and the feel is achieved through high quality rather than adjustment. They are every bit as bombproof as the original military triggers...and I would say even moreso as they are made using a high grade tool steel.

Top Bottom