New AR upper; hard to eject unspent rounds.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Update. After spending the week in Evansville, I finally got home and played. I lubed the bolt and charging handle VERY well, and also for giggles did the drill trick mentioned above with some oil on the brush.

Now it ejects nicely. Still slightly tight at first, but I think now it just needs a couple hundred rounds through it.

thanks guys.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Got a new inexpensive upper for plinking. Did a basic function test and it was good.

However I noticed when I was done, it was VERY difficult to eject that unspent round. (only 10 rounds sent downrange) to the point on the range I just sent that last round and packed it up because I was done anyway.

Playing with it at home, its still VERY hard to eject a live round. More lube? Need to scrub the chamber a bit? Just fire a bunch more to loosen it up?

Any suggestions? Its factory ammo, so it shouldnt be an out of spec ammo issue.

Glad you made progress with it cm. Can you be a name dropper on the upper and AMMO? All factory ammo isn't created equal.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Oh, lightly oil in the barrel. With all the pressure behind the bullet, you don't want it pushing through an oil bath. Just run a patch to get out the excess.

Top Bottom