• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Being employed by a big city police department doesn't automatically mean you are really a police officer. He's an admin guy who probably doesn't even supervise any real police. Former bureaucrat from NOLA hired by another former bureaucrat from NOLA per the article. They each know the other's secrets, in other words.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Are we just assuming he wasn't carrying? I didn't see anything in the news articles saying he wasn't carrying. Possible he didn't fight back? Maybe he was surprised and didn't want to draw from the drop...?

Just because there weren't shots fired and the robbers were successful doesn't mean he wasn't armed, right?

I'm 110% confident if he had been carrying, this would have been brought up as a reason why we shouldnt carry; even those armed are no match for the superhuman criminals. The liberal media would gleefully parade an instance where an armed person was no match for an armed attacker.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    • Murphy, who is listed as the deputy commissioner for the compliance bureau in a Baltimore Police Department organizational chart, was hired earlier this year by Commissioner Michael Harrison. Murphy previously worked as the deputy superintendent of compliance for the New Orleans Police Department, where the two previously worked together, according to the Baltimore Sun.
    [FONT=&amp]So he's a professional "compliance" officer - a liberal social justice mercenary (if there is such an animal.) The jokes write themselves sometimes.

Hope this comes out readable, showing up weird for me as I type this. The above is from Second City Cop this morning which can be found at Second City Cop. Jim.
    [/FONT]

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Sorry about my above post. The copy and paste from Second City Cop was the only part that came out legible and I do not know how to fix it. Appears he is a "social justice warrior" not a real cop. Jim.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    • Murphy, who is listed as the deputy commissioner for the compliance bureau in a Baltimore Police Department organizational chart, was hired earlier this year by Commissioner Michael Harrison. Murphy previously worked as the deputy superintendent of compliance for the New Orleans Police Department, where the two previously worked together, according to the Baltimore Sun.
    [FONT=&amp]So he's a professional "compliance" officer - a liberal social justice mercenary (if there is such an animal.) The jokes write themselves sometimes.

Hope this comes out readable, showing up weird for me as I type this. The above is from Second City Cop this morning which can be found at
    Second City Cop. Jim.
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    FIFY

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This whole discussion with it's speculation based upon appearance and treating guns like magic talismen that prevent robberies is weird.

Armed people are, and have been robbed.

Sometimes, armed people discern that all the perp is a wallet and doesn't risk drawing on someone with a gun already out. Did I miss the part where the guy had a lighted "robber" sign hanging around his neck or is the new doctrine to draw down on every person who you think could be a robber?

Anyway, no one was harmed, so I don't know what this isn't a "win" for the guy and his wife who got robbed. Stuff can always be replaced and stuff is all that was lost.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Anyway, no one was harmed, so I don't know what this isn't a "win" for the guy and his wife who got robbed. Stuff can always be replaced and stuff is all that was lost.

Lucky that property was all the perps wanted this time.
    Dunno that I would have reacted in the same way if an SUV occupied 4x pulled over and 2 w/ firearms got out. Sounds awfully close to the start of an abduction/ransom-***-murder.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    This whole discussion with it's speculation based upon appearance and treating guns like magic talismen that prevent robberies is weird.

The discussion really is the irony of some dweeb that is busy telling cops how they are doing their job incorrectly is the subject of a robbery and lacked the situational awareness to potentially avoid it. Somehow I doubt he is a big supporter of the 2A and allowing citizens in his new city to carry guns if they choose to. He is a victim of the utopia he and his kind have created.

When will these cities citizens stop electing Democrats to lead their S-Hole cities?

Murphy was hired to oversee the Baltimore Police Department's compliance with its federal consent decree

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    The discussion really is the irony of some dweeb that is busy telling cops how they are doing their job incorrectly is the subject of a robbery and lacked the situational awareness to potentially avoid it. Somehow I doubt he is a big supporter of the 2A and allowing citizens in his new city to carry guns if they choose to. He is a victim of the utopia he and his kind have created.

When will these cities citizens stop electing Democrats to lead their S-Hole cities?

It is possible that the robbery was well-planned. Situational awareness, like simply "being armed", isn't a magic talisman. We as defenders are forced to respond to the attackers. If the attackers did everything right, situational awareness and being armed might not be enough to defend yourself. Can't draw from the drop, outnumbered, maybe it was a targeted attack -- strike fear into the city administration's new hire that's supposedly there to.. uhh... foster compliance and transparency from criminals? I don't really know what his job is, but seems like a position criminals may want to symbolically spit on by orchestrating a crime like this.

Seems like a distant possibility, but possible nonetheless.

The bigger point: I think we sometimes underestimate some attackers and overestimate our readiness to deal with them. Most violent encounters may be quick and crude and amateurish, but some are well planned.

What do you think you can do if you're outnumbered, have a gun pointed at you, and a guy says something like "try anything and you and your wife are dead"? Losing cash and phones isn't that bad in that scenario, I think.

And, as previously noted, no one was harmed, save maybe their egos.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Sorry about my above post. The copy and paste from Second City Cop was the only part that came out legible and I do not know how to fix it. Appears he is a "social justice warrior" not a real cop. Jim.

Well, if that's the case then he got exactly the expected outcome for his efforts. Good for him. Never go to Baltimore.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just stumbled into this thread, but y’all need to stop funnin’ on Opie E. Neuman.

I like that description. When I saw the picture, my first thought is that he looked like the product of Howdy Doody having an affair with Bill Gates"s mom.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

More assumptions.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Originally Posted by*KittySlayer*

More assumptions

True. But probably correct. And they make me giggle, a little.

Top Bottom