• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Sorry, should’ve explained better. had a folding brace on it, have since removed it. Tacsol 16” barrel on order and would like to put a strike industries folding stock on. It’s actually a very light 22 and want to keep it that way (until they put weight restrictions on them)
    Weight restrictions on your gun? Good God what's next.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    a5243943-ce2e-4759-bcf9-56a32c4465ff-gif.248378

Cool - like a little clown car - they just keep coming

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This may, hopefully, be a moot point.
    Listening to Armed American Radio right now and they're talking with Alan Gotleibe (Founder of 2A Foundation).
    He said now that the "final ruling" is out they can proceed with a previously filed lawsuit against the AFT (as Brandon calls them) challenging their authority to make law.
    They will be calling for an injunction against the ruling until it has been litigated in court.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I told someone to just take the upper off the lower and remove the brace and get rid of it.

That should keep them legal shouldn't it?

Not according to the ATF's word.

If it's possible to install a brace on it again, it's classified the same. You aren't complying your way out of this.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Once again, no government agency has the man power to do much with 4473s outside of trying to find a 4473 attached to an individual, and getting very lucky.
    Have you used a database before? Once the data is in there and indexed, anyone with access can have a ball looking up whatever they want. And, the data is already there. ATF agents have been copying 4473s for years. With today's AI based OCR, reading the field data is simple.

A couple of months back, I got a call from a detective in Chicago that was tracing a gun found in the possession of a felon. No know crime was committed with it, and the felon stated that he had found the firearm. I had bought the gun used from Bradis and sold via a private party sale to a proper person who resided in IN.

There is no way that they would have contacted CZ, the distributor, the original buyer, subsequent buyers, then Bradis to find my name on a non-crime linked pistol. With a database built from 4473s though, it's a simple query on a pistol serial number to find the last known buyer.

Rest assured that if you completed a 4473 in the last decade, you are almost certainly in their database. You, along with any purchases that you made.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Have you used a database before? Once the data is in there and indexed, anyone with access can have a ball looking up whatever they want. And, the data is already there. ATF agents have been copying 4473s for years. With today's AI based OCR, reading the field data is simple.

A couple of months back, I got a call from a detective in Chicago that was tracing a gun found in the possession of a felon. No know crime was committed with it, and the felon stated that he had found the firearm. I had bought the gun used from Bradis and sold via a private party sale to a proper person who resided in IN.

There is no way that they would have contacted CZ, the distributor, the original buyer, subsequent buyers, then Bradis to find my name on a non-crime linked pistol. With a database built from 4473s though, it's a simple query on a pistol serial number to find the last known buyer.

Rest assured that if you completed a 4473 in the last decade, you are almost certainly in their database. You, along with any purchases that you made.
    Im sure they followed the trail. Because a database of 4473s would be against the law.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    Not according to the ATF's word.

If it's possible to install a brace on it again, it's classified the same. You aren't complying your way out of this.
    Just take the upper off and put a 16in upper on it. No need to destroy or dispose of the short upper either according to their "rule"

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have heard there is some where between 10 and 40 million firearms with braces..Im sure many own more than one...but for arguments sake, let say that is one per person. If even 10% of the owners don't comply what are they going to do? Imprison 1 to 4 million Americans?
    They don't need to imprison everyone. They will make an example of some to achieve 60% compliance. Then, they will make examples of a few holdouts to get another 30% after people realize that they will get curb stomped if caught with one. After that, anyone left with one will be seen as a hard core zealot. It will be open season on that last 10%

Top Bottom