• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I actually think you're on to something here...but if you replaced 'forgetting' with 'ignoring,' you might be even closer. Libs in general tend to never let inconvenient facts sway them from their opinions, so they just plain ignore those facts as if they don't exist. Maybe 'willfully forgetting'??
    You're right, most do ignore it, and it's why I roll my eyes when the right is accused as being nazis in politics.

I also have seen people who believe in America that use the word democracy instead of a republic when talking about the way the government in the u.s is ran.

I personally believe this is due to the lie being repeatedly told on tv and has people over time just believing it over facts.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    You're right, most do ignore it, and it's why I roll my eyes when the right is accused as being nazis in politics.

I also have seen people who believe in America that use the word democracy instead of a republic when talking about the way the government in the u.s is ran.

I personally believe this is due to the lie being repeatedly told on tv and has people over time just believing it over facts.
    What seems to me in most cases. It seems when the word democracy is used, its by a democrat. Like wise. The word Republic is usually used by.... you guest it, Republicans. And Constitutional Republic seems to be used by real patriots. Just something I've noticed. But I could be wrong. lol

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    What seems to me in most cases. It seems when the word democracy is used, its by a democrat. Like wise. The word Republic is usually used by.... you guest it, Republicans. And Constitutional Republic seems to be used by real patriots. Just something I've noticed. But I could be wrong. lol
    I said republic because i thought it was accepted as a short term of the constitutional republic considering what i had just said in my previous post about the country being a constitutional republic.

Unless this is supposed to be some sort of jab at me then forgive me for thinking of the pledge of allegiance when i thought about "to the republic for which it stands"

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I said republic because i thought it was accepted as a short term of the constitutional republic considering what i had just said in my previous post about the country being a constitutional republic.

Unless this is supposed to be some sort of jab at me then forgive me for thinking of the pledge of allegiance when i thought about "to the republic for which it stands"
    I meant no offense or jabs to you are anyone. I did see your previous post. It is just something I have noticed for while now. The patriot part was a meant to be a complement to you for using constitutional republic in your previous post. Sorry you took that wrong.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I meant no offense or jabs to you are anyone. I did see your previous post. It is just something I have noticed for while now. The patriot part was a meant to be a complement to you for using constitutional republic in your previous post. Sorry you took that wrong.
    It's alright, no harm done. I'm sorry if I was snippy, I just don't want the impression given I don't have patriotism for the country as I do appreciate the freedoms that it grants.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    We can't forget on INGO....every time someone says democracy someone reminds us all its a representative or republic....

Except that one guy that just reminds us we have to abolish the central state because the democracy or republic died 150ish years ago or so.
    Central state could be abolished at this very moment for all I care.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    After 91 pages any predictions on the outcome of this? Looks like manufactures are pumping them out again. Is it their last hurrah or are they predicting the outcome?

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    After 91 pages any predictions on the outcome of this? Looks like manufactures are pumping them out again. Is it their last hurrah or are they predicting the outcome?
    No predictions --
    Everything is currently running under preliminary injunctions issued by 5th Circuit Court of Appeals and several District Courts in Texas preventing ATF from enforcement.

The wheels of justice continue to grind on slowly . . . at a snail's pace is a gross understatement. Nobody has a crystal ball sufficient to determine ultimate outcome, which will most likely end up with a Writ of Cert. to SCOTUS. This stuff takes years. Make popcorn, coffee and wait, and then wait more, and then continue waiting. It will eventually end . . . years from now.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    No predictions --
    Everything is currently running under preliminary injunctions issued by 5th Circuit Court of Appeals and several District Courts in Texas preventing ATF from enforcement.

The wheels of justice continue to grind on slowly . . . at a snail's pace is a gross understatement. Nobody has a crystal ball sufficient to determine ultimate outcome, which will most likely end up with a Writ of Cert. to SCOTUS. This stuff takes years. Make popcorn, coffee and wait, and then wait more, and then continue waiting. It will eventually end . . . years from now.
    Gotcha with that being said if most people know this….: do people keep using and buying braces as normal or is everyone scared of what’s to come so selling whatever is on the shelves ?

Was this a way to put certain companies out of business without any actual enforcement just scare tactics ?

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Gotcha with that being said if most people know this….: do people keep using and buying braces as normal or is everyone scared of what’s to come so selling whatever is on the shelves ?

Was this a way to put certain companies out of business without any actual enforcement just scare tactics ?
    I won't speculate on personal decisions being made by brace and braced pistol owners, nor would I expect many to publicly comment on whether they have or use any. ATF is always watching and taking notes. Regarding the companies, such as Palmetto State Armory (just one example) and dealers continuing to sell braces and braced pistols, they're doing it because they can legally do so -- and it adds to the many millions "in common use for lawful purposes" that is a major part of the 2nd Amendment challenge based on the SCOTUS 2008 Heller, 2010 McDonald, 2016 Caetano, and 2022 Bruen decisions.

Be glad the numbers of them are increasing. I don't know of any case in which ATF is attempting to currently enforce the Pistol Brace Rule with any criminal action. My advice: keep yourself aware of the status of the lawsuit(s) that ATF is currently attempting to get consolidated at the 5th Circuit. IIRC, there are four or five of them in Texas, all with preliminary injunctions in place that have nationwide applicability.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I won't speculate on personal decisions being made by brace and braced pistol owners, nor would I expect many to publicly comment on whether they have or use any. ATF is always watching and taking notes. Regarding the companies, such as Palmetto State Armory (just one example) and dealers continuing to sell braces and braced pistols, they're doing it because they can legally do so -- and it adds to the many millions "in common use for lawful purposes" that is a major part of the 2nd Amendment challenge based on the SCOTUS 2008 Heller, 2010 McDonald, 2016 Caetano, and 2022 Bruen decisions.

Be glad the numbers of them are increasing. I don't know of any case in which ATF is attempting to currently enforce the Rule with any criminal action. My advice: keep yourself aware of the status of the lawsuit(s) that ATF is currently attempting to get consolidated at the 5th Circuit. IIRC, there are four or five of them in Texas, all with preliminary injunctions in place that have nationwide applicabilty.
    I don’t have a braced pistol but I was looking at one. Trying to decide.

Top Bottom