• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • exphys2010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    New Beretta Nano range report/ Low shooting question?

Hey everyone,

I went to Orion Arms yesterday in Jeffersonville hunting for some ammo for my BG 380 and PPKS, and I saw one of the new Beretta Nano's sitting in the display case calling my name. After some debate between that and the Kahr CW9, I decided to go with the Nano, primarily because I tend to really like my other Beretta firearms. The customer service there was excellent, and they gave me a pretty good price on the gun, I left there with a Nano, a De Santis leather holster, and a box of 50 Winchester Silvertip HP's for under 500 bucks.

I took it to the range this morning, and I put about 225 rounds through it, about 75 Hollow points and about 150 FMJ's The hollow points were mainly Remington UMC's, and the FMJ's were 50 each of Remington UMC, Winchester White Box, and TulAmmo. Everything fed and ejected perfectly with the exception of 1 Remington UMC FMJ. It wound up being a FTE, and upon further inspection, I noticed that the casing was actually substantially wider at the middle than any of the other UMC's, so I do not blame the gun, I blame the 1 round.

As far as accuracy is concerned, It seems to shoot rather consistently, but for me it seemed to be shooting a bit low, about 4-5 inches give or take. I'm not sure if it was me or the gun in this case. Does anyone know if shooting low is something common with small gripped carry pistols, or does it sound like the gun has an issue? I have a decent collection of large/medium frame pistols, which is what I primarily shoot, and I seem to be rather accurate with them. However, I also have 4 other Concealed carry/pocket guns that I shoot on occasion (Bodyguard 380, Taurus PT740slim, Walther PPK/S, and a Taurus 617 revolver). The PT740 slim seems to shoot very low and to the left, and occasionaly I will shoot a little low with the BG380 as well. I am wondering if it has to do with my ability to only have 2 fingers on the grips?

Well, that is my experience with the Nano thus far, I really like the gun, it is built like and tank and seems to function wonderfully, I just need to figure out my shooting low issue. If anyone has any feedback or advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Let another experienced shooter see if they get the same result. I would guess your finger might be in to deep on the trigger.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I believe the Nano's sight picture is like #2 (point of aim):
    SightImages.jpg

If you are holding it like #1 (6 o'clock), you will be shooting pretty low. My XD uses the 6 o'clock, and will shoot high if held "point of aim".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I believe the Nano's sight picture is like #2 (point of aim):
    SightImages.jpg

If you are holding it like #1 (6 o'clock), you will be shooting pretty low. My XD uses the 6 o'clock, and will shoot high if held "point of aim".

Correct, the Nano shoots at 6' o'clock in the center of the target. I've run about 800 rds through mine now and in the beginning, mine was shooting slightly left, so with a rear sight adjustment, it correctly the problem and now I can shoot 4-5" groups rapid fire with it at 7 yards. I think that little bit of extra weight on top and the recoil springs really help out on follow up shots than it does over a Kel-Tec P11. I've shot Remington UMC FMJ's, Magnatech FMJ's, Glaser Pow'RBalls and some Gold Dots. Haven't had any failure of anything.

exphys2010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    Thanks for the replies. I was aiming the Nano like image 2 when I was shooting, so Im not sure what the cause could be. I was a little shaky this morning when I was at the range due to a little too much caffeine and too small of a breakfast, maybe that was it, though I dont think it would throw me off to that extent. I will try to go again this weekend to see if I cant do any better. Thanks again for the responses.

JCDPA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Try adjusting your trigger pull. Go a little slower and more deliberate. Pulling too hard/fast can cause the gun to drop and pull to the side a bit.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Dry fire it and see if you are pulling it, which is likely since you said the small handle is unfamiliar. Then find a grip that works without pulling. If that doesn't help, then you may just need to aim high at 7 yds, because perhaps the sites are zeroed for 15 yds or so.

Dry firing to find the optimal grip is absolutely essential IMO. You just can't tell if you're pulling the shot when their is recoil involved. I dry fire hundreds of times, and find it more important than live fire for new guns.

Great pistol, I'm really jealous!

Top Bottom