Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Beretta-NARP_00-800x534.jpg

Beretta-NARP_07.jpg

Beretta-NARP_14.jpg

Won't be available here to consumers yet. But its possible they could set up a production line in Gallatin TN for it.

Should be available to LE/MIL pretty quickly though.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Hopefully it works better than the SIG that looks exactly like it (the spear or something I think)

That being said only really a fan of Berettas Shotguns myself

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Hopefully it works better than the SIG that looks exactly like it (the spear or something I think)

That being said only really a fan of Berettas Shotguns myself
    Yes the Sig Spear… which is a continuation of the MCX series. Have yet to hear of any problems out of it in the US military or the civilian versions. I’m curious as to what your operational assumptions are based on. I’m friends with a gentleman who is a military armorer and he loves them…. No real problems and if the video reviews are being truthful it seems to be a real winner. I’m just curious as you’re the second person I’ve heard down talk the Spear and would hope to hear some personal experiences. The new Beretta…. I like the looks of it a lot!!!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yes the Sig Spear… which is a continuation of the MCX series. Have yet to hear of any problems out of it in the US military or the civilian versions. I’m curious as to what your operational assumptions are based on. I’m friends with a gentleman who is a military armorer and he loves them…. No real problems and if the video reviews are being truthful it seems to be a real winner. I’m just curious as you’re the second person I’ve heard down talk the Spear and would hope to hear some personal experiences. The new Beretta…. I like the looks of it a lot!!!
    Apparently they are mag picky is what I've heard. Over insertion (gigiddy) issues. Lancer mags seem to be the fix. Only problem I've heard mention of on the interwebs.

Edit: this apply to the HVY I have not seen a bad review of the LT but have not really researched the LT as much as the HVY.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    That’s good to know but is it a picky weapon or substandard mags? Magpul is up to what gen 4 on their 5.56 mags? They make a good mag but have had their problems thanks!!
    Appears to be a weapon issue as I've seen it discussed on multiple forums from multiple people. Again it only seems to be an issue on the heavy and Pmags (I'm not sure the generation) seem to be the biggest offender. I'd assume steel mags as well since they are narrower but have not seen it mentioned in reviews I've seen or read.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    To be fair, all of the recent generation 'not an AR15' military rifles promised caliber conversions and failed to deliver. The ACR and XCR were the same way.

Beretta does still sell the shorter 556 barrel for the ARX if you want to SBR yours.

The hard truth of the firearms industry is that 99% of users posting on forums or in YouTube comment sections are bull$h!ting when they say they want a 300BO conversion or a 10mm version of something. They won't actually buy it and the company will lose money.

Nobody paid the 2K price tag for the ARX, even though it was/is an exceptional firearm in most ways
    - durability and reliability were on par or better than a $2k ar15... the trigger was not. Why would Beretta litterally waste money making caliber conversions for a rifle that nobody was buying? (Their own bad timing)

Beretta as a company has a bad habbit of releasing amazing firearms with the WORST possible timing. They really need to fire their marketing and advertising people.

Case #1) They release the CX4 storm carbine in 2003, back when nobody wants or cares about PCCs... sales were slow despite being head and shoulders above the competition of the day (gen1 sub2000, mec tec pistol conversions, Tod Bailey mp5 clones).

Case #2) Along side of the Px4 and Cx4 they release the Rx4 Storm 556 rifle... Except they had Benelli import it under a different name (MR1) and fail not only to link it to their existing advertising campaigns, but they fail to advertise it AT ALL during the brief window before the bottom dropped out of the AR market and the price gap wasn't so severe.

Case #3) Despite the ARX existing and being in service for years, Beretta waits until AR15s could be had for $400 before releasing the ARX onto the US market. Being excellent all around just wasnt enough to convince most people to buy one Beretta rifle instead of 2 nice ARs or 4 budget ARs. Beretta CHOSE to try and compete in the Daniel Defence / LMT arena with a product that was unknown to gun normies.

Case #4) After teasing the PMXs for 2 years at every major industry show, Beretta FINALLY drops the product onto the US market... now that its flooded from top to bottom with everything from cheap AR9s, to Gucci AR9s, to multiple B&T offerings, to multiple quality MP5 clones (a few of which are built on legit HK equipment and with direct HK involvement) for the same price. Beretta MISSED THE BOAT once again, and I'm glad ive already got mine because I don't think they will stay in the catalogue long.

I'm a beretta fan boy for sure. I love their products, but they are chronically late to every market trend. NARP is a dumb name, and dollars to donuts they will price it sky high... the rifle itself will no doubt be excellent.

Where they may come out on top is the suppressor. If they can get it to market soon they may be on the right side of the curve this time, and the reduced thermal signature they are promising will make it stand out... IF they can get it to market sometime this decade.

Long to short - if you are interested in the NARP set money aside now and buy it when it drops. It likely wont be around long.

Last edited:

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Alternate wording: people who pay up front.

No need to worry about a consumer base so fickle they will completely discount an excellent rifle on grounds that it won't take a magpul grip.

May be a rare smart move from Beretta marketing FOR THE RIFLE .... but suppressors have never been more popular and are only going up. Failing to bring the low thermal signature can to the US market will be a mistake.

Last edited:

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    It’s since been said that this will absolutely be LE/Mil only
    Where and who?

Ive been searching for info on this, and none of the press releases from September say this... in fact I can't find any press releases newer than Sep15.

As of 23 hours ago, and for a week before, Beretta has been posting reels and images to their Instagram, and dodging all comments about availability.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Where and who?

Ive been searching for info on this, and none of the press releases from September say this... in fact I can't find any press releases newer than Sep15.

As of 23 hours ago, and for a week before, Beretta has been posting reels and images to their Instagram, and dodging all comments about availability.

Top Bottom