• ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    and he is a survival geek......

I played low key when he started talking about it. I'll give him some time before I open up...

He is also one of the Sporting Clay Guides at our company.....

This might be fun.

What lines should I use to test him?

MarkR

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indianapolis - West Side
    Casually ask about some books he's read, or mention a book you've read ("Patriots", "Alas Babylon", "One Second After", etc.).

You can always talk about guns and people who hoard ammo.

Or my personal favorite, if you know he's into prepping, throw out the comment "Well I know where I"m going if something happens" :xmad:

I can see a lot of opportunity to have some fun before he figures you out!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    casually bring up with the weather the past week or two and its a good thing you had enough food stocked up to not need to leave the house.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    and he is a survival geek......

I played low key when he started talking about it. I'll give him some time before I open up...

He is also one of the Sporting Clay Guides at our company.....

This might be fun.

What lines should I use to test him?

Ask him if he always spills hit guts to people he barely knows this quickly.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Say pssst! Whats in your bugout bag? The big one is coming you know. How much yoders canned bacon do you have man?

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Are those 5.11 pants you're wearing? Is that a "The Wilderness" rigger's belt your wearing? Look at his shoes, are they functional with a vibram sole? Seriously, I guess you could just talk about dealing with weather, living in the country, keeping a pantry "just in case", see what he says...

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Casually ask about some books he's read, or mention a book you've read ("Patriots", "Alas Babylon", "One Second After", etc.).

You can always talk about guns and people who hoard ammo.

Or my personal favorite, if you know he's into prepping, throw out the comment "Well I know where I"m going if something happens" :xmad:

I can see a lot of opportunity to have some fun before he figures you out!

A co-worker of mine is a prepper, I found out when I saw a copy of One Second After on his desk. We started comparing books and found out he has read Patriots and a few others. I gave him a copy of Lights Out, Lucifers Hammer, and lent him my Unintended Consequences and turned him onto several web sites. He and I have become pretty good friends since we found out we were on the same page. Gots me a shootin buddy at work I does...

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Ask about zombie insurance.

BTW - I'm a catastrophe claims adjuster. A lot of survival geeks in that since we spend a lot of time driving into disasters.

Longshot7mm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Ask him if he has pissed off anyone with a plane lately and if he says yes then make sure your office is nowhere near his....and if you hear buzzing getting louder....RUN!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    So you write alot of checks for a living............If I do my job right, claims has less to do.....

I got out of that end of it. An adjuster got killed in Katrina for not giving someone the settlement they wanted. I'm IA now. I still go into the field but push the check end of it onto someone in an office 500 miles away.

Do appreciate you guys doing anything to make my job easier though...lol :rockwoot:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom