• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    Well my wife finally caved in. I am allowed to pick one new purchase this year. I was debating between the T/C All-Weather Venture .308 or a Forge Woodsman Bow. After a lot of debating and reading, I have settled on the bow for now. The .308 will come next year :rockwoot:. I mainly chose the bow due to the amount of use I can get out of it compared to the .308. Now I have tentatively chosen this brand and model. I have read everything I can about them, and I have been very impressed. Unfortunately there are no Forge dealers located near me. I called up to Forge (located in New Berlin, WI) and expected to talk to a receptionist or customer service rep. Nope.. to my surprise the owner Steve Pagel answered the phone. Really nice guy, down to earth. He seemed very knowledgeable and asked what I hunt/shoot and recommended the Woodsman to me. (which is his second cheapest costing bow of his 6 - only cheaper one is directed towards women/youth) I suppose I was a little surprised he wasnt trying to push his more expensive models or upsale me. He told me its his "bread and butter" bow and what he recommended for the typical hunter. He even worked out a deal with me because there is no dealer near me. ONLY bad side is... i havent been able to pull this model back. I haven't found a bad review anywhere on this bow. Everyone seems to be satisfied with their product. But I cant find anyone who has one or deals with them locally. there are some shops an hour or two away from me i think. So essentially my question is this. Has any of you had any experience with this brand good or bad? A friend of mine used to shoot competition for Forge and swears by em. (doesnt shoot this model obviously though) These bows are VERY reasonably priced and from what I have read have EXCELLENT customer service. The specs on them are comparable to high dollar top name bows. So please give me some feedback if you can. I'm in no hurry to make the purchase and have been following them for quite some time. (i think they've been in business 25 years roughly...so they're not a brand new company. Forge Bow Co.
    If this product is as good as everything I have read... I am all for supporting a smaller business with a good product. So let me know what you think. All I feel I need to do is get my hands on one and see how it feels for myself I think.

Thanks,
    dcary7

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I have always shot traditional and will never shoot a compound. Couple reasons, I am actually doing the shooting. Fingers on the strings, no sights, no stabilizers with homemade wood arrows. You can actually see the flight of the arrow with a traditional bow and thats the beauty of it. It is so much cheaper, quiter and just as effective. With traditional and right amount of practice you can become just as accurate as a compund shooter (Some may disagree but it has been done).

I am partial to
    Traditional Bows | KODIAK MAGNUM | Bear Archery

But, use what you want. I guess I like things simple two sticks and string has worked for thousands of years and well, I've taken my share of deer with it too. :D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom