• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ALman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Greetings everyone -

I am in the process of deciding on a carry gun and I have narrowed my list down to a few models.

I am looking at the SIG P239 (in 9mm), the SIG P220 Carry, and the HK45C. I have owned SIG P225/226's as well as USP .45 in the past. Being left-handed, the USP was the most southpaw friendly but also fairly large and blocky. With the SIG's, I used left index finger to hit the decock lever - it works. However, now SIG offers the DAK trigger on these models which dispenses with the decocker completely and is more suitable for a lefty.

I don't think a person could go wrong with any of these pistols but I'd like to get some opinions to see if there are any strong opinions either way.

Also - I haven't been able to handle a SIG with the DAK trigger yet - only the DA/SA, and SAO's.

Thanks,

Kevin

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    you might also look at the Sig P250 which is DAO, and fully Ambidextrous. The Sig P220's made here in the US by Exeter Arms don't get very high marks on the Sig Forum. Extractor problems primarily.

The H&K USP Compact isn't a bad size gun for daily carry. The HK45C also isn't a bad size. The Regular USP and HK45 are awful big. (I carried a USP .45 Tactical for a while).

ALman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I heard that about the SIG 220 extractor issues also. From what I understand, ever since the 220 went to the stainless slide from the folded slide with the internal extractor there have been extractor issues. In the SIG forum, they say SIG changed all new 220's to the external extractors in April and these are OK. The one I handled the other day at Bass Pro was a 220 Carry SAO and it did have the new external extractor.

I have to get my hands on the HK45/45C and try it.

Thanks

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I have a HK45 and love it, it is roughly the same size as a 1911. As soon as I buy a holster for it I will carry it. I don't foresee much of a difference in carrying the HK45 then my Kimber.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm also wrong handed. For that reasons, SIGs have always turned me off. To be fair, I never looked at them again after they first came out so I can't say if they have made changes to accomodate us lefties. My next purchase will be an HK45c or P2000sk depending on which one suits my fancy on that particular day. HKPRO has a guy who is putting an HK45 through the ringer and has yet to have problems with it (last time I checked).

Top Bottom