• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    I am thinking about selling my xd9 3.8 for a different gun.any recommendations on compact/subcompact 9 mm. if it matters i plan to appendix carry.

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    FYI, it might help if we knew why you're moving away from the XD? What are you looking for? Glock, M&P, Sig P224, are just a few.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    GO THIN!

Shield, nano, Walther PPS or CCP, XDS, G42, Sig P938/238, new LCP, etc.

All of these are fine if YOU like it and understand its limitations. Also, for any of these you should be able to get gun, good holster and an extra mag(s) for $500 - 550-ish

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The Ruger SR9c is fantastic, but not sure how comfortable it would be for appendix carry? Maybe give the Ruger LC9s (striker-fired version) a look.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    don't limit yourself to just 9mm (although a fine choice).
    go to Gander and fondle a bunch of different handguns, LGS,
    then go to a range and rent a few...different sizes, calibers, etc.
    find one you like and then go for it...
    you already know if you don't like it you can sell it/trade it or keep it whatever
    go give a few of em a whirl

Spencir

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    i feel like a change. i already have a full size m&p and probably go to something similar in feel

In that case, check out the M&P Shield. Its very similar the the full size, just thinner and smaller. They even have a model without the thumb safety now as well.

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    don't limit yourself to just 9mm (although a fine choice).
    go to Gander and fondle a bunch of different handguns, LGS,
    then go to a range and rent a few...different sizes, calibers, etc.
    find one you like and then go for it...
    you already know if you don't like it you can sell it/trade it or keep it whatever
    go give a few of em a whirl
    i prefer 9mm carry gun. all my other carry guns are 9mm. ill make a trip to cabelas this weekend. no range near me rents guns

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I've been carrying an LC9s appendix as a backup to my G19 recently. It's fairly comfortable & accurate. Might try one of those. In fact, I think it's DeSantis that makes a tuckable holster for it & a spare mag.

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    If you have the larger m&p and like it. You will be happy with the m&p compact or shield. I have all three. Obviously, you have more capacity with the compact vs shield if that matters to you.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    CZ 75 P-01 or PCR (I prefer the all alloy P-01). Sometimes feel of trigger on these right out of box is off-putting. If you handle one and like the feel, try to shoot one that has had several hundred rounds minimum through it to see what the trigger feel will eventually be like. I also like the FNH FNP compact but have no expereience with appendix

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Tyler gives sound advice. :yesway:

After your visit to Cabela's and narrowing down your choice(s), perhaps someone here on INGO lives nearby and would be willing to let you try theirs out at a local gun range. Never hurts to ask, INGO members are a pretty tight-knit group, generally speaking.

Really, shooting a box or two through any possible choices is the best way to find out if it really 'fits'.

Good luck on the search, it's part of the enjoyment of firearms. Let us know what you finally select. :thumbsup:

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    The Ruger SR9c is fantastic, but not sure how comfortable it would be for appendix carry? Maybe give the Ruger LC9s (striker-fired version) a look.

My wife has an SR40c. Great carry gun imho. Same as the nine. That one would get my vote if you don't want a full size. I mostly carry a 1911 or 96g but sometimes grab her sr40 just for the hell of it.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My wife's gun is an LC9s. She loves it. I enjoy shooting it, but I have a problem of hitting the mag release some times while shooting. I would not choose to carry it because of this (put about 50 rounds through it today, and it happened twice). I would never know this unless I put some rounds through it.

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    CZ 75 P-01 or PCR (I prefer the all alloy P-01). Sometimes feel of trigger on these right out of box is off-putting. If you handle one and like the feel, try to shoot one that has had several hundred rounds minimum through it to see what the trigger feel will eventually be like. I also like the FNH FNP compact but have no expereience with appendix
    my mom has the cz its nice but not enough for me to sell xd.
    Tyler gives sound advice. :yesway:

After your visit to Cabela's and narrowing down your choice(s), perhaps someone here on INGO lives nearby and would be willing to let you try theirs out at a local gun range. Never hurts to ask, INGO members are a pretty tight-knit group, generally speaking.

Really, shooting a box or two through any possible choices is the best way to find out if it really 'fits'.

Good luck on the search, it's part of the enjoyment of firearms. Let us know what you finally select. :thumbsup:
    ive narrowed it to sigp320 ,hk usp9c, or m&p variant.

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    dzxIJIC.jpg
    glad i went thin. barely notice it

Top Bottom