• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I have been giving this a great deal of thought. I carry concealed most times when I go out. I split the duty between a SA GI .45 and a Glock 22. Neither one of them is a real dainty handgun, but then I am not a real dainty guy. But the Glock just sort of stuck out through my shirts or jackets and were sort of concealed if you know what I mean. Plus it tended to bunch up my boxers which can really be annoying by the end of the day (Blackhawk pancake holster). The .45 was just a real drag on my pants. I had to cinch my belt down so tight to hold it in place that it could leave welts by the end of the day (part of having a fat waist and still manage to have no arse).

So today I picked up a SA-XD .40 S&W subcompact. It felt pretty good in my handle. With the small magazine it should conceal pretty well (I hope and think so). So now I just have to pick out a good holster. I have read through the archives and it seems like the crossbreed supertuck is highly recommended. I do worry about the leather irritating my delicate skin though. Hopefully I can get to the range soon and will give a report afterwards.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I have read through the archives and it seems like the crossbreed supertuck is highly recommended. I do worry about the leather irritating my delicate skin though.

I have 2 Crossbreeds, a MiniTuck for my Kahr, and a SuperTuck for my Sig. I believe that you can get either model for an XD40sc. You get a 10% NRA discount from them, but their price has gone up since I bought the 1st one. Quality and service are 1st rate, but a Kholster looks like it's about the same thing and it's cheaper.

Jbrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Looking forward to reading Your review. I have a full frame XDm 40 and love it, however it is like having a concrete block tied to your belt when you carry it on your hip. If I carry the XDm then I usually wear a fobus sholder rig and a jacket.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Thanks for the feedback. I already ordered the crossbreed before mammynun posted about the kholster. They do look similar setups for some savings. I will try to keep that in mind. They are ugly holsters though aren't they :D

Does it make much difference in concealment or comfort between the extended mag and the regular one while in the crossbreed holster. The extended really seems to make a difference in the hand but I have to think you pay a price somewhere.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Don't worry about the leather irritating your skin with the crossbreed. It's soft! Also, just wear a white undershirt - it's what I do.

I swear by my supertuck, I carried one with my XD9SC and now my Sig P239. I also think the new black option looks awesome.

Jbrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    My XDm 40 is hands down my favorite handgun to shoot. I love to carry it as well, but due to the size, the best way I have found, is my fobus shoulder rig.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Thanks for the feedback. I already ordered the crossbreed before mammynun posted about the kholster. They do look similar setups for some savings. I will try to keep that in mind. They are ugly holsters though aren't they :D

Based on my experience with Crossbreed, Karnak says you will get your holster tomorrow. They're that fast!

Wear it for a couple of days and it will mold to your body.

I usually end up moving the rear clip up one hole, and the front clip up one (on the Kahr PM45) or up 2 (Sig 220 Compact). With the Kahr the kydex is level with my pant line. The Sig has more cant to hide the grip, but the front of the holster is below the pant line. Makes reholstering slightly more difficult, but it's more comfortable and conceals better. If your XD40sc is the same size as my XD9sc (and I'm pretty sure they are), I'd suggest my Kahr config as a starting point. Enjoy!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom