• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Gavman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Today I was celebrating finishing another year of college by shooting my FNP-9 and my P3AT when I came to the realization that I hate my P3AT. It is very accurate for what it is but literally every shot the trigger pinches my finger no matter how I hold it and it jams unless you have a death grip on it. So I'm gonna get practical and sell the P3AT and buy something that doesn't jam. I'm thinking of something no bigger than .357 and a 2-3 inch barrel in the $400 price range.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    A Ruger LCR can be had for a little over $400, depending on how light weight you want to go. There's even a used LCR .357 in the for sale section for $350 at the moment.

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    I'm a revolver fan... I have a Taurus 85 lightweight which is nice to carry and ok to shoot at the range. Never had a problem with it. The only thing with it is I have to keep an eye on the release button because the screw will loosen occasionally.

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    You can't go wrong with a Ruger LCR. Just bought a LCR 357, great gun. Smoothest out-of-the-box trigger I have seen.

The Gavman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Is the LCR offered in exposed hammer form? I want a revolver with an exposed hammer. Since I dont have 50 posts yet I can't purchase from the classifieds yet but I'm working on that.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I sold my P3AT and bought a 642. 642 is so much more reliable and I have gotten quite good at loading 5 fresh rounds from a speed strip. I just hated the thought of the P3AT as my go-to gun off-duty. I do not seem to share the same fears with my Smith.

Top Bottom