Apr 21, 2010
    I have one, I'm lucky it just goes bang:
    Cetme.jpg

mikey98208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Awsome write up.. I just purchased a Century Arms CETME this weekend at a local gunshow here in Washington. Reading your post answered a lot of question that i had about this rifle. thanks so much...

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Great review, thanks for taking the time to post it here.

Century has improved the semi CETME somewhat. Some of the early guns would only take original CETME mags, the H&K's will not fit, which is how original Spainish CETME rifles are. On the other hand, H&K rifles will work with CETME mags.
    I'm pleased to see the original type flash suppressors now, instead of those poor quality type compensators they used initially for compliance reasons.
    Another thing about the CETME rifle is that they will damage fired casings and make them unusable for reloading. I recommend getting an ejection port buffer as this will prevent the creases from impact with the rear of the ejection port. But there are still issues from the chamber fluting deforming the brass as well. Check out Gun Parts - RTG International Surplus Gun Parts and Militaria for spare parts & accessories.
    Beat up brass was one of the first red flags that popped up to me when I shot an aquaintance's CETME at the range. The next red flag was multiple fails to chamber rounds. It was his gun and I dont think he throughly cleaned it/inspected it.

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Hey guys I am glad my review is still helping people out. I feel that I should provide an update for this rifle (albeit 2.5 years late). I sold this CETME last summer in order to fund a Tigr purchase that never happened. Having been at school, I have been out of the firearms game for a few months. However, I did receive an update from the rifle's new owner saying that +2 rollers brought the rifle into spec. He also mentioned that it is an excellent shooter capable of <2 MOA groupings. I was glad to hear that it is working out nicely for him and hope that this will help some of you guys out.

Top Bottom