• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    As much as i hate to i will order ammo from Academy from time to time. Usually 9mm or 22lr, depending on sale. Hard to beat the free shipping over $25. Only thing is they do charge tax, but sooner rather than later, they all are going to after the Scotus ruling.

websbydoc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2018
    Scottsburg
    Whittaker.jpg
    Click on this....its the subject material
    of my post from Whittakerguns.com
    Whats bad is that I really like dealing
    with these guys.....very professional.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    View attachment 68268
    Click on this....its the subject material
    of my post from Whittakerguns.com
    Whats bad is that I really like dealing
    with these guys.....very professional.

I just went to their site and put a 200 round pack of 9mm in my cart. Only shows the $9.99 shipping charge, no hazmat. Just a sidenote though, same price on that 200 round pack of winchester whitebox 9mm at Academy, but free shipping since its over $25. Looked Whitaker site over and dont really see phenomenal deals. Especially when adding in $10 for shipping. Look elsewhere. Plenty of great deals out there right now. You search a little and you can find 500 rounds of 9mm shipped for $80-90 all day long. Brownells, PSA, Midway, Natchess, etc. Just gotta watch for the deals.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    It only seems to show up on Remington ammo. I put other brands in the cart and the hazmat charge did not show. Add Remington and it shows up. My guess would be it is a software glitch.

websbydoc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2018
    Scottsburg
    maybe only a 50 round box is hazardous......

ill bet if you back your order off to one box of
    50 rounds, you'll get the $28.50 charge

lrdudley....i just saw your post....now thats very
    strange.....its got to be a software glitch.....and ive
    stirred everyone up for nothing....maybe

websbydoc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2018
    Scottsburg
    ok.....some brands are adding the charge....others are not.....
    not limited to Remington brand......ive informed the company and
    ill let you know what they say.

thanks folks

Jay

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Midway has also joined the ridiculous shipping charges club. I ordered two boxes of .45 cal ammo and was charged a hair under $12 for shipping. Guess I scratch Midway off the ammo supplier list.
    Midway is free shipping over $50. $12 to ship 2 boxes of ammo isn't too bad. It's normally free shipping only when you buy 1k

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Shipping is the new wave money maker. It always amuses me that I can order parts for 1 of the 2 old schools I am assisting in rebuilding that total up well over 100 pounds and have the parts at my door in 24/36 hours. For free.

Order some ignition controls from Brownells that ship in an envelope and it takes 5 to 7 business days to see them and get charged for the inconvenience.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Sounds like a BS charge to me. I don't see it included at any of the other online ammo sites (for just retail ammo). If you don't want to buy by the case, SGAmmo is usually pretty comparable in pricing, without the need to buy a full case. They (TargetSportsUSA) also have a Prime Ammo membership for $95 per year which allows you to have free shipping on any quantity of ammo purchased, plus you get 8% off every order. I'm only about 7 months into my membership and I've already saved $105, $10 more than I paid for the membership. In the next 5 months, I know I'll be able to rack that up to saving at least $50 or more over the cost of the membership.

Check out these two plus Ammunition Depot. My Target Sports order took a little longer than the other two but not outrageous. SGAmmo is my go to. I usually have my ammo within three days from SG.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Ordered Ammo from Bass Pro online last week for their free shipping 4th of July sale. No minimum amount required to get the free shipping. Sale ended Friday but they & Cabelas have deals like that almost every holiday and that's when I order. Why pay shipping fees when it just takes a little shopping around and planning.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Sounds like a BS charge to me. I don't see it included at any of the other online ammo sites (for just retail ammo). If you don't want to buy by the case, SGAmmo is usually pretty comparable in pricing, without the need to buy a full case. They (TargetSportsUSA) also have a Prime Ammo membership for $95 per year which allows you to have free shipping on any quantity of ammo purchased, plus you get 8% off every order. I'm only about 7 months into my membership and I've already saved $105, $10 more than I paid for the membership. In the next 5 months, I know I'll be able to rack that up to saving at least $50 or more over the cost of the membership.

I use SGAmmo all the time. Very fair, very fast. My go to guys.

websbydoc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2018
    Scottsburg
    UPDATE: Eric from Whittaker has promptly contacted me and tells me that
    some of the ammo has probably been mis-marked as hazmat. He will investigate
    the issue and then let me know......then Ill let you know. Praise to Whittaker guns.
    Great people to work with.

Jay

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers

The Prime Ammo makes it nice when you want to try out different types of ammo, too. Single boxes, no shipping charges. The 8% off is nice, but ordering testers for cheap and no shipping has saved me not only money, but was super convenient, too. I let them renew my membership. Now I just need to get to the range to put some ammo to use so I have an excuse to restock. :ar15:

websbydoc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2018
    Scottsburg
    FINAL UPDATE: Whittaker Guns has had some of its ammo incorrectly marked as hazardous
    material for shipping. I would advise you that if you find any marked that way, to let them
    know. They arent out to overcharge you......I am very happy with my transactions with them,
    conversations,ect. Great people do business with. I highly recommend them

Top Bottom